aberdeen-music

Cky

lava p.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF? I'm clearly living on another planet' date=' where mediocrity and a "celebrity" relative can fill any venue in Aberdeen.....weird.[/quote']

Shag your face mate, cKy are anything but mediocre. The only thing worth disliking about the band is the MTV2 / Bam connection they seem to have picked up, but who really cares. Their album's are both fucking amazing AND they're doing something more original than the clichs that are Atreyu, Killswitch Engage and Converge ('from you listening to') who - oh the irony - are also benifiting from air play on satelite channels...

Hardly a surprise.

And how come almost every single post you make is either a declaration of how much cooler you are when it comes to bands, or passing judgement on someone who likes something other than metal... Looking through all your previous posts makes me want to trash my pc. I'm just glad i'm not a musical fascist / nazi / bore...

....they're doing something more original than the clichs that are Atreyu' date=' Killswitch Engage and Converge ('from you listening to') who - oh the irony - are also benifiting from air play on satelite channels...[/quote']

Touched a nerve, have I? CKY are barely original, and while I admit KsE and Atreyu are both pretty trendy at the moment (surely undermining your "Medichi thinks he's cool" argument), dragging Converge into this as an example of something commercial or worn is absurd. You sir, are an idiot.

And how come almost every single post you make is either a declaration of how much cooler you are when it comes to bands

Well' date=' cos I am, really....at least, in comparison :D

or passing judgement on someone who likes something other than metal...

Thats just bollocks. I've ripped most "metalheads" ten times harder than any other group on these boards.

Looking through all your previous posts makes me want to trash my pc. I'm just glad i'm not a musical fascist / nazi / bore...

Well you're certainly not a music "fan"! :D

OI! I used to hang about up there..... but then they all took over ;( It's a good thing i guess' date=' I don't waste so much time hanging about town now haha[/quote']

i used to hang there too but most of them have coke habbits now and im not so sure thats my bag

anyway when him played shitloads of people went i think so i dont see why this wont pull in a bunch of mtv2ers

Looking through all your previous posts makes me want to trash my pc. I'm just glad i'm not a musical fascist / nazi / bore...

I've just read through my previous post - more than half contain the word "ace", and two are laughing at powermetal. Its far from the negative wonderland you make it out to be....

Touched a nerve' date=' have I? CKY are barely original, and while I admit KsE and Atreyu are both pretty trendy at the moment (surely undermining your "Medichi thinks he's cool" argument), dragging Converge into this as an example of something commercial or worn is absurd. You sir, are an idiot.

[/quote']

Touched a nerve.... hahahaha, when a guy with "talents: Nothing well...." and a knack for only the most underground and harderst-corest of bands dislikes one of my favourite groups, it doesn't really bother me. You probably only dislike cKy is because of cock-punching Bam Margera being a relation to one of the members and MTV goes against everything your underground tendencies stand for...

What did piss me off was the fact that you declaired it was 'wierd' that a band that's been on TV heaps, sold millions of albums and has a huge following could play any venue in Aberdeen. YOU sir, are an idiot.

Also, in which ways aren't cKy original? They don't bow down to any genre and have a totally original and unique sound, in fact, the only band i've heard that you could remotely compare them to are Foriegn Objects, and it's a very weak comparison. They use and abuse the pentatonic scale unlike any other band that's 'made it' and they don't even have a single chorus on their first two albums...

I also don't know where you were going with the "musical fan :D:D:D:D:D" comment...

Touched a nerve.... hahahaha' date=' when a guy with "talents: Nothing well...." and a knack for only the most underground and harderst-corest of bands dislikes one of my favourite groups, it doesn't really bother me..[/quote']

Heh heh! Jake The Ape would vomit with rage at me being called underground! Dislike is too strong a word - medicocrity just inspires boredom. What does my lack of musical talent have to do with my taste (or otherwise) in music?

You probably only dislike cKy is because of cock-punching Bam Margera being a relation to one of the members and MTV goes against everything your underground tendencies stand for...

My favourite bands are the Deftones and the Supersuckers - hardly small-selling acts. I don't give a fuck how many records a band sell' date=' and although its often silly for a band to sign to a major after seeing so many great bands destroyed, I repect any band that can do it with integrity. MTV1/2/whatever is a platform for some great acts, and some shit ones. Thats the way it is.

What did piss me off was the fact that you declaired it was 'wierd' that a band that's been on TV heaps, sold millions of albums and has a huge following could play any venue in Aberdeen.

I meant it was "weird" that such a shit band could be so big, not that an overhyped piece of crap can sell a few tickets - that has been proved time and time again....

I'm not going to get dragged into a discussion on the pros and cons of cKy - I don't like 'em, you do - fair enough - but put your toys back in the pram and get on with life!

Heh heh! Jake The Ape would vomit with rage at me being called underground! Dislike is too strong a word - medicocrity just inspires boredom. What does my lack of musical talent have to do with my taste (or otherwise) in music?

The 'tallent' line of argument has been done a thousand times. Sure' date=' anyone can appreciate music, but i think it's fair to say that you're going to appreciate it a lot more once you've taken a song to pieces and learnt the different parts. I went from just a passive cKy fan to a total junkie after i'd learnt how to play Volume 1.

My favourite bands are the Deftones and the Supersuckers - hardly small-selling acts. I don't give a fuck how many records a band sell, and although its often silly for a band to sign to a major after seeing so many great bands destroyed, I repect any band that can do it with integrity. MTV1/2/whatever is a platform for some great acts, and some shit ones. Thats the way it is.

Funny how neither band is in your 'Listening to' section. Also a bit of a contradiction when you appear to have 0 respect for cKy even though they've been signed to island records for three albums AND utilised MTV 1/2 without compromising their sound a single bit.

I meant it was "weird" that such a shit band could be so big, not that an overhyped piece of crap can sell a few tickets - that has been proved time and time again....

I'm not going to get dragged into a discussion on the pros and cons of cKy - I don't like 'em, you do - fair enough - but put your toys back in the pram and get on with life!

You still haven't explained why they're not original; or why you think they're shit but for the third time: i don't care whether or not you actually like them, i just have a massive problem understanding why you have to put your tuppensworth into stuff you don't really care for... Your first comment was just a typical example of slagging a successful band to make yourself look cooler... Jog On...

Anyway, the possibility that they might play Aberdeen is shit hot... end of.

Guest Page 99
AND they're doing something more original than the clichs that are Converge

That is the sign of somebody who is actualy very ignorant with regards to Converge.

On a more thread related topic, I don't personaly get the whole CKY thing. I think they had one okay tune 96 butter things, or somthing like that. But otherwise it just seems like they have ridden the wave which was created by the popularity of Jackass and Bam Magera into the massive fan base they seem to have now. Not through hard work and touring, which is a pretty lazy thing to do. This is not to say that some people were into them before hand, but it is probibly the only reason probibly about 98% of their fan base have actual knowledge of said band, and as a result of this they will eventualy grow up and move on past this band making them die out eventualy.

Saying all this, I'm sure the gig would probibly have a good atmosphere and would be enjoyed by all who are fans of said band. I just think they are a bit of a one trick pony.

Touched a nerve.... hahahaha' date=' when a guy with "talents: Nothing well...." and a knack for only the most underground and harderst-corest of bands dislikes one of my favourite groups, it doesn't really bother me. You probably only dislike cKy is because of cock-punching Bam Margera being a relation to one of the members and MTV goes against everything your underground tendencies stand for...

What did piss me off was the fact that you declaired it was 'wierd' that a band that's been on TV heaps, sold millions of albums and has a huge following could play any venue in Aberdeen. [b']YOU sir, are an idiot.

Also, in which ways aren't cKy original? They don't bow down to any genre and have a totally original and unique sound, in fact, the only band i've heard that you could remotely compare them to are Foriegn Objects, and it's a very weak comparison. They use and abuse the pentatonic scale unlike any other band that's 'made it' and they don't even have a single chorus on their first two albums...

I also don't know where you were going with the "musical fan :D:D:D:D:D" comment...

paul, first of all, i love Camp Kill Yourself. i have been to glasgow to see them. im a "metal-head" so to speak and still love cky. i agree that dicks shouldent judge cky because of Jess (the drummer (bams brother)) and being the only thing i see when i turn on my stevey. BUT the mans got a point, when i went down to "the friendly city" to dee them live, bam was there and when he came on stage everybody crammed to the front to get closer to him, pissed me right off, and the reason CKY are so fucking big IS because of bam cky (the vids) and jackass, they are not that origanal, far from it BUT dose that mean there not good? i agree, and dissagree with both of you. SO my good sirs YOU TWO ARE THE IDIOTS.

WTF? I'm clearly living on another planet' date=' where mediocrity and a "celebrity" relative can fill any venue in Aberdeen.....weird.[/quote']

cky signed to island in 2001 , thats before the mtv 2 bam show and just before jackass got big......and your shocked a multi million selling band could sell out a venue that holds under a thousand people?

twat xx