aberdeen-music

AMEN anyone?

Chi 666

Asides the fact that I felt a bit raped by the door charge since I'm currently verging on skint, I quite enjoyed it.

First time seeing Co-exist, and have to say I'd see them again. Preferably in a smaller venue, since music like that is better consumed in a small area.

And Amen's set.... Pretty much all old stuff, fucking right! Got to say, I was a bit warey about seeing them as, to be honest, I think their new stuff is just pish. I guess it's alright for what it is, but it's no where near as good as the earlier stuff. Still, the new song they played was pretty good.

Fuck, Coma America to start! :up:

Guest Page 99

Aye it was a surprisingly good night indeed.

Felt a bit sorry for Co-Exist as they tried their hardest to get some crowd interest, but nobody seemed too interested in them.

Amen were also amazing. I was glad they mixed a lot of the material up and played loads of stuff from 'Parents', as that's one of the albums which made me want to play music in the first place.

All in all a good night, apart from door tax, but I guess I shouldn't complain. Band's need payed after all.

Thought co-exist were alright. must have been pretty hard to get themselves going looking out to about 3 people. Often happens though.

Amen were pretty good, good banter with the crowd. Music sounded great, well it was when they weren't having the occasional technical difficulty.

Although "you guys should come hang out with us at the merchandise table afterwards" wasn't very rock'n'roll. how about "You guys should come get sloshed with us in the moorings afterwards", that would have been more pleasing.

I missed the support, but Amen were pleasingly shambolic. Casey Chaos was fucked out of his face, and I don't think he will remember that gig. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead by the end of the year. There was around 50-70 people there, but it was bloody roasting!

The set was a strange selection, with some good tracks, but some glaring ommisions (CK killer, bring me the head, refuse amen). Seemed like the band wanted to play on, but there was a curfew in place for the nirvana tribute act aftershow party.

The new band seemed pretty good, but to be honest it may as well have been the same guys as last time, as they all had the generic 'Assemble your own Amen' look, with angular dark hair-do's, safety pins and just had that Casey Chaos wannabe look, which the last line up seemed to have as well.

All in all it was a good night, and the crowd were up for it. Also special praise for the t-shirt on sale bearing the legend: "Farewell Fuckos". Class.

i know that amen are a good band and very well known but fuck me, 11! thats not "well the bands have to be payed" thats paul being a greedy bastard again. yeh amen were good, im not the biggest fan of the music, is alright im more heavy metal, but yeh they were entertaining.

AMEN were amazing in Carlisle, totally all over the place in a great way. Didn't get the chance to talk to Casey, but the rest of the band were dead friendly - They all really seemed to love Psydoll, both guitarists bought the album. *cough* PSYDOLL play Moshulu tonight, doors 7.30pm, 5.

i know that amen are a good band and very well known but fuck me' date=' 11! thats not "well the bands have to be payed" thats paul being a greedy bastard again. yeh amen were good, im not the biggest fan of the music, is alright im more heavy metal, but yeh they were entertaining.[/quote']

11 is not a lot for a gig of that quality. I'v stumped up far more to see mediocre shite in a less personal venue. Plus the fact I did not have to travel far to see them play means I did not have to fork out for yet another trip down to glasgow.

Guest Page 99
The likes of Limp Bizkit and Slipknot do this all so much better - better sound quality, better shows, just better overall

In referance to Co-Exist that is an example of pretty bad journalism, but I guess it is a very mainstream publication...

Guest Page 99
fucking right. he's probably some keane fan that didnt know what to expect :nono:

I highly doubt that, as he appreciated both psydol's and Amen's set. I probibly guess he is a writer who has not been exposed to underground metal and thus has a very limited knowledge in which to be able to write a informed review of Co-Exist.

I highly doubt that' date=' as he appreciated both psydol's and Amen's set. I probibly guess he is a writer who has not been exposed to underground metal and thus has a very limited knowledge in which to be able to write a informed review of Co-Exist.[/quote']

ooooh, well "la-de-da" mr french man.