aberdeen-music

AMEN anyone?

Chi 666

Guest Page 99

Wasn't saying that, as he obviously didn't like them. I just think it was a bit stupid to compare them to acts which share practicaly no similar features at all. Not a sign of good musical journalism.

ooooh, well "la-de-da" mr french man.

^ Please go back to worshipping your own band.

i know that amen are a good band and very well known but fuck me' date=' 11! thats not "well the bands have to be payed" thats paul being a greedy bastard again.[/quote']

I take it you don't fancy playing any of Paul's gigs in the future then?

I really enjoyed the gig. 11 isn't too much of anyone's money for Amen I wouldn't say - if you like the band it was a good chance to see them in a smaller venue with other fans and it was a great atmosphere. It'll never be as good as it was with this band I guess seeing as we've got the Chaos clones in the band instead of Larkin, Tumor et al but hell it's worth going just to see them bashing out 'Dead On The Bible' and the like. No regrets here - best gig I've seen in Kef in quite a while :)

dont get me wrong i love playing at kef, i just think he could have got more people through the door if the tax was nae to steep. i was a good gig, rockin ta fuck but the place was nowere near full, which i would have expected a full crowd for AMEN. Pauls a great guy, i just think his prices are a bit steep at times thats all.

dont get me wrong i love playing at kef' date=' i just think he could have got more people through the door if the tax was nae to steep. i was a good gig, rockin ta fuck but the place was nowere near full, which i would have expected a full crowd for AMEN. Pauls a great guy, i just think his prices are a bit steep at times thats all.[/quote']

If you expected a full crowd at Kef then you're kidding yourself, let alone for Amen. You're also kidding yourself if you think that you're gonna get Amen to play anywhere in Aberdeen for less than 11 a ticket. Feel free to try and put on a similar band for a lower ticket price if you want but you're gonna end up paying a lot outta your pocket if you put them on for 4 or so on the door...

If you expected a full crowd at Kef then you're kidding yourself' date=' let alone for Amen. You're also kidding yourself if you think that you're gonna get Amen to play anywhere in Aberdeen for less than 11 a ticket. Feel free to try and put on a similar band for a lower ticket price if you want but you're gonna end up paying a lot outta your pocket if you put them on for 4 or so on the door...[/quote']

i dident mean that thay should pay 4, about 8/9 sound more fair. paul would have made up what he would have lost from more people turning up and buying drinks, i know at least 4 people who never came because of door charges seems so steep, thay would have came if it was more like 8 hence buying drinks and spending about 25 altogether, making more of a profit.

but, in most cases, the door charge and all money made from ticket sales is what is used to pay the bands that are performing. the money made at the bar is profit for the venue and might not play any part in paying the bands their "fees". Being Amen are quite a major band, I'm guesing they were looking for a high fee, and there was Co-Exist to pay as well. So, Paul has to charge a fair bit. Your friends spening money at the bar if the door charge is dropped is irrelevant to him.

but' date=' in most cases, the door charge and all money made from ticket sales is what is used to pay the bands that are performing. the money made at the bar is profit for the venue and might not play any part in paying the bands their "fees". Being Amen are quite a major band, I'm guesing they were looking for a high fee, and there was Co-Exist to pay as well. So, Paul has to charge a fair bit. Your friends spening money at the bar if the door charge is dropped is irrelevant to him.[/quote']

the voice of.. er... reason.