aberdeen-music

ID Cards?

Guest tv tanned

i can %100 guarentee you that it doesnt cost me 200 a year.

It does to some extent if your on benefits or a student since all of this money that is stolen by organised crime prevents the government from using that same money for say increasing your benefits or providing better healthcare & education.

20 billion a year will go a long way to improve things

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infrigment, Privacy, Terrorist-Stopper???? WTF are you people on, sometimes I feel like I come from another world...

America 7/11....if that never happened then the patriot act never would have been issued...FACT.

Britain 7/7.....this is the beggining of the end of our Privacy if we ever had any in the first place...

PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION<<<>>> 3 very simple guidlines to follow as a President, or Prime Minister..

Problem - We've just been blown up by "terrorists"

Reaction - The public want/demand justice

Solution - Take out ID card's, make up the patriot act. Go to War.

But there's a fourth equation in all of this... POINT - To turn the Human race into a chicken coop, 100%productivity, 0% Fucking about. We are losing the War on Freedom, just because the Sun newspaper does'nt let you know there is a war, it does'nt mean there isn't one.

Funny thing, and probably the most obvious in my eye's is, is, The last time we went to war on IraQ a Bush was in charge, Clinton was in the middle and the biggest story in his cabinet, was him getting a blo joB...Then another Bush takes charge, and it's back to war again...On IraQ none-the-less.....and even more surprising was michael Jackson was taken to court over child molestation, when the first Bush went to IraQ..and again he was taken to court for the same charge around the same time as the war on terrorism?? Coincidence? No, my furry little friend's, No...he is the biggest name in the world, and it is simply called 'Divertion of the media' who are controlled by bush's right hand man DIck Cheney anyway.

C:\Documents and Settings\dutyassistant.000\My Documents;;; this is the real face of war on Terrorism...civillians.

Infrigment, Privacy, Terrorist-Stopper???? WTF are you people on, sometimes I feel like I come from another world...

America 7/11....if that never happened then the patriot act never would have been issued...FACT.

Britain 7/7.....this is the beggining of the end of our Privacy if we ever had any in the first place...

PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION<<<>>> 3 very simple guidlines to follow as a President, or Prime Minister..

Problem - We've just been blown up by "terrorists"

Reaction - The public want/demand justice

Solution - Take out ID card's, make up the patriot act. Go to War.

But there's a fourth equation in all of this... POINT - To turn the Human race into a chicken coop, 100%productivity, 0% Fucking about. We are losing the War on Freedom, just because the Sun newspaper does'nt let you know there is a war, it does'nt mean there isn't one.

Funny thing, and probably the most obvious in my eye's is, is, The last time we went to war on IraQ a Bush was in charge, Clinton was in the middle and the biggest story in his cabinet, was him getting a blo joB...Then another Bush takes charge, and it's back to war again...On IraQ none-the-less.....and even more surprising was michael Jackson was taken to court over child molestation, when the first Bush went to IraQ..and again he was taken to court for the same charge around the same time as the war on terrorism?? Coincidence? No, my furry little friend's, No...he is the biggest name in the world, and it is simply called 'Divertion of the media' who are controlled by bush's right hand man DIck Cheney anyway.

The World is for sale...any taker's??

Bush: Yea, i'll take some o that.

Is their hope??

Only if us (the western civilisation) can get off our arses and be bothered to do something, unfortunatly our method's are deemed to be in direct conflict with the new act on terrorism. So method's are few and far between, even me writing this is a kinda risk!! Avenge my imprisonment !! I fi get put in one.. :help:

SO COME ON BRITAIN STOP FUCKING ABOUT...

But there's a fourth equation in all of this... POINT - To turn the Human race into a chicken coop' date=' 100%productivity, 0% Fucking about. We are losing the War on Freedom, just because the Sun newspaper does'nt let you know there is a war, it does'nt mean there isn't one.[/quote']

Is their hope??

Only if us (the western civilisation) can get off our arses and be bothered to do something' date=' unfortunatly our method's are deemed to be in direct conflict with the new act on terrorism. So method's are few and far between, even me writing this is a kinda risk!! Avenge my imprisonment !! I fi get put in one.. :help:

SO COME ON BRITAIN STOP FUCKING ABOUT...[/quote']

So what should the western civilisation do? what is the correct course of action?

We are terrorised by these islamic (if you can call them that since they dont seem to preach it) extremists that follow a crazed Saudi Prince (Osama Bin Laden) who got exiled from Saudi Arabia.

Security & safety of our families & loved ones are the most important thing to be concerned about.

As long as terrorism exists the need to feel safe may mean a reduction of what we believe to be our civil liberties to help track down these terrorists. Even today 3 more people have been detained after a tip off at Heathrow airport under the terrorism act in order to protect our country.

.....and even more surprising was michael Jackson was taken to court over child molestation' date=' when the first Bush went to IraQ..and again he was taken to court for the same charge around the same time as the war on terrorism?? Coincidence? No, my furry little friend's, No...he is the biggest name in the world, and it is simply called 'Divertion of the media' who are controlled by bush's right hand man DIck Cheney anyway.[/quote']

That is the BEST conspiracy theory I have EVER read.

Also, no offence Mr Snakebite, but has anyone ever told you about the wonders of posts which are short, concise and to-the-point? You could be making valid points for all I know, but there's no fucking way I'm trawling through the 20 billion words you've typed out to find them.

That is the BEST conspiracy theory I have EVER read.

Also' date=' no offence Mr Snakebite, but has anyone ever told you about the wonders of posts which are short, concise and to-the-point? You could be making valid points for all I know, but there's no fucking way I'm trawling through the 20 billion words you've typed out to find them.[/quote']

I think he works for the government, remember, they are paid to hide the truth under layers of shite, so no one can be arsed finding out anything for themselves.

"the best way to tell a lie is to hide it between two truths"

If nothing else' date=' ID cards will mean the end to underage drinking in the uk.[/quote']

yeah, cos pubs will install biometric testing units before serving "tha kids".

or do you think a clever little copyied one might get you in, and the queue for the eye scan will be too long for them to care ?

I think peeps have been reading the 2000AD for too long.

If nothing else' date=' ID cards will mean the end to underage drinking in the uk.[/quote']

no it wont, if your talking about the underagers who have been known to end up at moshulus on a friday night then yes that will stop, but out on the street or at a house party under age alchohol abuse wont change

how will it? people already need id to buy drink and they have gotten round it so far.

These new cards wont magically change the younger generations want to drink.

but pubs and bars arent THAT strict at letting in under-agers.. you only have to look over 18 these days, and young people are looking a lot more mature these days, grr.

i think a good system would be, if we get the ID cards, then doorframes to pubs and clubs should have a beeper system that goes off if it reads that your card shows you are underage hehe, that would also be good if it recorded everyone who went where, and if anything 'bad' happened that night, then they can contact everyone to act as witnesses.. my idea is a bit far fetched, and a bit imposing, but THAT would keep us safer..

just a thought :)

but pubs and bars arent THAT strict at letting in under-agers.. you only have to look over 18 these days' date=' and young people are looking a lot more mature these days, grr.

i think a good system would be, if we get the ID cards, then doorframes to pubs and clubs should have a beeper system that goes off if it reads that your card shows you are underage hehe, that would also be good if it recorded everyone who went where, and if anything 'bad' happened that night, then they can contact everyone to act as witnesses.. my idea is a bit far fetched, and a bit imposing, but THAT would keep us safer..

just a thought :)[/quote']

no your right it would work in theory but could you see any clubs/pubs spending the money on something like that? I wouldnt imagine they would come cheap.

My point is bouncers/door staff dont always get it right and i very much doubt they are going to check everybodys id cards on their way in so i fail to see how they would make any difference in that aspect.

but pubs and bars arent THAT strict at letting in under-agers.. you only have to look over 18 these days' date=' and young people are looking a lot more mature these days, grr.

just a thought :)[/quote']

Part of the opposition to ID cards is over the possibilities of them being used to track your movements. A scheme like that would be exactly how the government would ease us into it.

However, if they DO get introduced, then surely everyone having proof of birth available (as opposed to needing to be old enough to drive/WANTING to drive) is the perfect reason to insist pubs/shop keepers ID everyone looking under 30? But then they do that in America, and there's STILL under age drinking there. And those that don't just turn to pot anyway. American kids are even worse stoners than over here.

Basically, it SHOULD stop underage drinking/smoking, but it wouldn't.

So what should the western civilisation do? what is the correct course of action

Unfortunatly the correct frame of mind to achieve action is no where close to where it need's to be' date=' so basically, untill we all kinda realise that we have freedom to fight for then there's no real course of action to achieve...yet!

We are terrorised by these islamic (if you can call them that since they dont seem to preach it) extremists that follow a crazed Saudi Prince (Osama Bin Laden) who got exiled from Saudi Arabia.

Sadly, the Bush's and the so called 7/11 attacker's (Bin laden's) are actually friend's, a few of Osmama's children go to uni. in America, they deal with buisness, and they get cheap flight's out of America on the same day of the 7/11 attacks, even when no other flight was allowed in the sky, for obvious reason's... Mis-direction has a very big part to play in the fiasco... So I return to my favourite Problem, Reaction, Solution thing again..

Problem - Iraq aren't selling their oil at decent enough prices, as we don't, but still that's not fair...

Reaction - Cause outrage by attacking your own people and blaming it on a Guy who wears a Turban.....

Solution - Blow the fuck out of Iraq, and steal their oil..whilst the whole time we tell the people that were doing this to liberate the iraqi ppl of a brutal dictatorship..

My point is...don't be quick to judge the iraqi people, or their regime...they are moralistic culture.

We (UK,US) are the worst countries in the world, we are to greedy, and we think we know it all, and were spoiled by our surrounding's..America the original whore child.

its the sheer cost of ID cards that puts me off, surely the money could be spent better?

i honestly dont think they'd make that much difference, terrorists will always find a way sadly, all this 'we'll win the war on terrorism' shite is bollocks, it is an unwinnable war but bush n blair know that deep down, what else are they meant to say?

Guest tv tanned
The quote is correct' date=' and it was said by Tony, but he was actually Party Leader at the time.[/quote']

sorry I forgot the small matter of John Smith's death came into play...

The only ID I'll carry is a donor card....

I'm looking into a bank which can provide me a Visa Electron card without needing to bear my name or signature....

I have a name' date=' not a number....and you ain't gettin either!![/quote']

You won't get one... and if you do it won't be accepted anywhere.

Only cards with names and/or signatures are accepted within the UK

its the sheer cost of ID cards that puts me off' date=' surely the money could be spent better?

i honestly dont think they'd make that much difference, terrorists will always find a way sadly, all this 'we'll win the war on terrorism' shite is bollocks, it is an unwinnable war but bush n blair know that deep down, what else are they meant to say?[/quote']

As I said in previous posts it will save money in the long term since we wont have the 20 billion a year cost in taxes incurred because of organised crime since fraud will be drastically cut and very hard to commit if the ID cards are used properly by financial institiutions, tax office & benefits office.

To setup ID cards initially will cost around 15-20 billion but that is a one off fee. The running costs will be a lot less and government departments will actually spend less since the system will lead to greater efficiency and remove the need for departments to input the same data 30 or so times into several different systems since there will only be one centralised system so the data will be inputed once only.

Also there will only be a fee for ID cards whilst they are still voluntary & they willl be issued with your passport. Once they become compulsary the ID card Bill that is being passed through Parliament states that no fee will be charged. See my previous posts for the website link to the bill.

Guest tv tanned

What bollocks.

Get an ID card, it'll cost you less tax that way.

I've been trying to count the many different justifications which have been used for the introduction of these things. So far about the only thing they're not promising they can provide is a cheese and pickle toastie and a hand-job.

To setup ID cards initially will cost around 15-20 billion but that is a one off fee. The running costs will be a lot less and government departments will actually spend less since the system will lead to greater efficiency and remove the need for departments to input the same data 30 or so times into several different systems since there will only be one centralised system so the data will be inputed once only.

That suggests that there will be less manpower required. Do you really think all those civil servants, especially the lower paid ones are going to go without a fight?

Anyway, if Ireland doesn't need or want ID cards, why do we?

Guest tv tanned

The best bit is that, according to Jack McConnell, you won't need an ID card for "devolved services" which means essentially that you don't need one to receive health treatment, but you will to pick up benefits/pension. And if the police stop you for a terrorism offence they can ask you for your ID card, but not for burglary, because terrorism is reserved to Westminster.

Madness.

As for stopping crime. It doesn't, more police would. I was told at the weekend that it would end problems with kids trying to buy a 15 cert. game/movie but not being able to prove they were 15.

I think for the cost, you'd want something slightly more sophisticated than a glorified proof of age card.

As for stopping crime. It doesn't' date=' more police would.[/quote']

well lets just magic some new police out of the ground then shall we.

if you look at it like that, ID cards can be created more easily than new police can be recruited.

i have no problem with ID cards and i think that having all our biometric data held centrally is a good thing.