aberdeen-music

ID Cards?

Guest tv tanned

Yes' date=' but I'm interested by some specific points:

So civil liberties are a concern if it is the local boozer with the info, but not the government?

Again, suspicion of the police for this scheme, yet not, apparently for the ID card system. Why?

Which is pretty much the point that Ian, Frosty, myself and many others have been making. And you made it yourself.

So let me get this straight, there's reason to be worried about mistakes, abuse of information and loss of civil liberties if the information is available to the police and licensed trade, but as long as the whole government network has access then it's fine and dandy.

Is that your position?[/quote']

Your twisting it.

After events recently passed i.e. the bombings in London I'm all for ID cards and im willing to live with less civil liberites if it helps stop terrorism.

Secondly the benefits of having an ID card reduces the risk of my identity being stolen and will reduce the percentage of tax I pay, being stolen by organised crime

Thirdly everyone is entitled to change their views after reviewing the facts and events at hand.

ID cards are not about being used to ban you from the pub for being too drunk one night they are to be used for preventing terrorism & reducing crime

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned
Your twisting it.

No' date=' I've been perfectly consistent on the issue throughout.

After event recently passed i.e. the bombings in London I'm all for ID cards and im willing to live with less civil liberites if it helps stop terrorism.

So even though the Home Secretary himself admits that these ID cards won't stop terrorism, you're happy to think that they will?

Secondly the benefits of having an ID card reduces the risk of my identity being stolen and will reduce the percentage of tax I pay, being stolen by organised crime

I'll bet you that your tax bill won't come down. Unless they're going to run this ID card system for free.

Thirdly everyone is entitled to change their views after reviewing the facts and events at hand.

Yes but even Tony Blair took several years to transform into the monster we see before us. For you to go from mildly suspicious to slavishly indoctrinated in just 8 months speaks wonders for the power of government propaganda.

So' date=' just because you're details are converted to 1s and 0s, does not necessarily make it vulnerable to attack. If it was that simple, Internet Banking would never have got off the ground.[/quote']

You want to se the logs on my servers then. I have an internet account, but I'm playing the percentage game, I'm betting that my account doesn't get hacked ( with the traces of hacking removed and made to look like I transferred the money legit), against my security and the banks seurity combined. I'm fairly confident that I'm safe because people don't see the need to target my account, but if they did, no firewall in the world could stop it.

I'll bet you that your tax bill won't come down. Unless they're going to run this ID card system for free.

Obviously you have never heard of streamlining.

It's where you take say several different information storage systems (both paper & electronic) which all hold similar information about you and combine all of these different systems into one electronic system. Therefore instead of say 30 different people inputting the same information into each separate system (which is time consuming and wastes money) the information is inputted once therefore reducing your overheads. Also since the information can be referenced more quickly it again reduces your overheads even more.

Okay you have physically install and setup the new system but once it's up and running your overheads are reduced, therefore in the long term it saves money.

As the old saying goes 'You have to spend money to save money'

Thats the modern approach to business these days and it works. In most large companies you literally have a paperless system for doing everything which saves the company money and from an environmental point of view you use a lot less paper.

It's where you take....

Blah blah blah blah blah...........

Haven't heard so much shite since Tuesday. Snakebite, you are a twat with a capital C. Take you naivity and poke it where the sun doesn't shine. If you really believe that the administration of the UK have anything other than their own interests at heart, your mum should administer a severe owergyan with a surform. In the words of my venerable old english teacher,

"Wyse up, min."

It's where you take say several different information storage systems (both paper & electronic) which all hold similar information about you and combine all of these different systems into one electronic system. Therefore instead of say 30 different people inputting the same information into each separate system (which is time consuming and wastes money) the information is inputted once therefore reducing your overheads. Also since the information can be referenced more quickly it again reduces your overheads even more.

Okay you have physically install and setup the new system but once it's up and running your overheads are reduced' date=' therefore in the long term it saves money.

As the old saying goes 'You have to spend money to save money'

Thats the modern approach to business these days and it works. In most large companies you literally have a paperless system for doing everything which saves the company money and from an environmental point of view you use a lot less paper[/quote']

I've never heard of a paperless office before, please tell us more. :angel:

I've never heard of a paperless office before' date=' please tell us more. :angel:[/quote']

I never said paperless office if you had actually read it I said paperless systems. Some existing archived documentation will always be on paper since it is old information that is no longer used but kept for historical reasons.

The major oil companies and offshore contractors work increasingly more with electronic systems whereby almost everthing including incoming faxes are sent through email instead of paper copies (therefore they are using paperless systems). Manuals for equipment are put on CD instead of paper which definitely proves that companies can work with a minimal use of paper. The biggest companies like BP are striving to make all of their systems completely paperless to save costs under the CRINE initiative.

But if you had any IT knowledge you should have known that already, without me having to explain it to you

Blah blah blah blah blah...........

Haven't heard so much shite since Tuesday. Snakebite' date=' you are a twat with a capital C. Take you naivity and poke it where the sun doesn't shine. If you really believe that the administration of the UK have anything other than their own interests at heart, your mum should administer a severe owergyan with a surform. In the words of my venerable old english teacher,

"Wyse up, min."[/quote']

What the fuck has that got to do with the Modern business practice of streamlining. All major companies worldwide (like BP, Shell etc) use this approach to save money and it works for them so why not for Government Departments.

Next time actually read the post before you comment on it, you twat

Hmmmm. 'Modern Business Practice'. 'Government Departments'. Only a madman or a child would believe that these two will ever reach any semblance of congruity. Whatever the individuals involved are like, the State is a self-perpetuating entity, and like any other beast, its' only concern is survival. This survival need not involve our survival, or even our wellbeing. Caught between this bloated parasite, and corporations with the same ideology and as much power, not telling them to get stuffed on a regular basis strikes me as blatant derogation of our duty as human beings, as individual, independant, thinking people. Keep the buggers on their toes! ;)