aberdeen-music

Straight Edge

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Discuss...what you think about it' date='and the people who choose to live that way?[/quote']

Myself and Milner are away to bed, we are as yet unsure whether that will be the same bed or not.

Quite a lot of my friends are what would be considered straight edge, but don't know the term. Trying to tie it down to the hardcore bands that "started" it is pretty difficult as they didn't really mean to. It seems a bit silly to me to define some randomly distributed ethics and choices as a label to aspire to.

I admire the peopl who are Actually straight edge but i fucking hate the 4-lyferz that all do it 'cos it's a cool emo fad. 'Look at me, i'm straight edge, i respect my body even though i've got heaps of tatoos and piercing... aye, whatever mate (actually you're not my mate because i want to grind your tatoos off with a cheese grater, pull your piercings out with my plyers and mess up your straightened hair).

Discuss...what you think about it,and the people who choose to live that way?
i don't know anyone personally who lives that way, but they sound like a pretty cool bunch.
I admire the peopl who are Actually straight edge but i fucking hate the 4-lyferz that all do it 'cos it's a cool emo fad. 'Look at me' date=' i'm straight edge, i respect my body even though i've got heaps of tatoos and piercing... aye, whatever mate (actually you're not my mate because i want to grind your tatoos off with a cheese grater, pull your piercings out with my plyers and mess up your straightened hair).[/quote']

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I admire the peopl who are Actually straight edge but i fucking hate the 4-lyferz that all do it 'cos it's a cool emo fad. 'Look at me' date=' i'm straight edge, i respect my body even though i've got heaps of tatoos and piercing... aye, whatever mate (actually you're not my mate because i want to grind your tatoos off with a cheese grater, pull your piercings out with my plyers and mess up your straightened hair).[/quote']thats one thing I agree with. the whole "my body is a temple" thing all goes to fucking shit when you get a tattoo or ampiercing. So who are you fucking kidding? A piercing is kind of acceptable, but tattoo is just fucking kidding yourself.

I have a few amtes who are, but don't use the term. In fact, to quote Danny from OCD "I enjoy myself without drink or drugs, so yeah, I am straight-edge, but I fucking hate straight-edgers, they're a bunch of holier than thou bastards"

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Post 10

in these politicaly correct times there is nothing wrong with being called lame, you fucking cripple.

Post 12

for the record i wasnt actually calling him/her a cripple

depressed_man.gif

Guest Page 99

Tried Straight Edge once, gave up after like 3 weeks of it, personaly didn't see the point.

I have great respect for anyone who does actualy do the the whole straight edge thing and who have done so from a very young age, but I hate the little twats who try to force it down your throat. Especialy the ones who wear big x's on their hands or have it scawled across their knuckles at gigs.... That's when it becomes a fashion statment not an ideology.