aberdeen-music

Your worst hangover ever?

yeh, i read the favourite tipples thread and it prompted me to recall the dreaded after effects of binges. My worst hangover was after a 3 day bender drinking stella and red wine (not at once or on the same night obviously, that would just be silly) and on the fourth night, i wasn't goin to drink anythin, but ended up goin over to a friends house and drank a ridiculous amount of whisky and vodka (regrettably i did mix the two, very drunken, very stupid) and even had a small glass the next morning after about 2 hours sleep. I really must have had a death wish, and the resulting hangover (which involved constant panic attacks and cold sweats for a week) put me off drinking at all for 9 weeks. Now, i am definitely not proud, but i must admit i find people's drinking habits interesting, and living in scotland, it is a huge part of our culture. Anyway, what about any of you other folks?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hrm, i think the worst hangover i had was after a night of quick drinking. i went into work(i work in a bar) and one of the girls i work with had been drinking all night. she begged me to get drunk, i was in a shit mood but i reluctantly agreed. i told her to get a pint glass, put vodka in it(to this day i have no idea how many were in it, but i could taste it through the coke) and fill it up with coke. it was strong, but i downed the first two and continued working. i can't remember leaving my work(3 hours later) i pinned one of my workmates down and gave her a hicky on her stomach, i simulated sex with the person who got me drunk, i went to the club(we only have one) and spoke to my sister, picked up some woman and went home. no idea how i got home. i spewed(prawns look funny when the go down the sink) several times over. when i got up in the morning i couldn't even stand upright. the hangover lasted twelve hours or more. i missed work at 5pm the next night i was that bad. if it weren't for some of my workmates filling me in, i wouldn't know any of that. its funny at the time, but after, fuckin bejesus, its the worst.

its weird though, sometimes i can go out and get totally drunk and wake up the next morning and be fine. like last weekend i got really drunk, got up at 10:30 on the sunday and went back to the pub then went to work at 12. drinking is very big culture up here. there ain't much else to do

Hmmm there have been a couple that were equally bad... however the most recent awful awful hangover was prolly the one that left me still hungover 24 hours after the drinking stopped.

Exams had finished that day, I'd made it to the pub by half 3 in the afternoon, cue 12 hours of steady drinking, lots of Cosmopolitans and a few Jagers, had to be carried home by a friend (who was pretty drunk too).

Next day I had my sister's birthday BBQ, the smell of BBQ food really just made me want to hurl at first. It was baaaad. Moorings for a gig later, could barely move for my head pounding (Rach will testify to this...at least she better), then home by half 1 cause there was no way I could keep my eyes open, and I was still feeling sick at this point.

It's true though, sometimes the hangover just doesn't manifest itself. Last time I got off my face was at Mud 2 weeks ago - Cider + Jager - I was fucked. Yet the next morning, no hangover.

Guest Savant

I've had too many...

One of the worst was in 1st year at uni - i was sick all day and finally got up at 6pm (always a sign of a good night if it's dark again when you get up) .

The first time i met one of my flatmates in 2nd year was when I woke up in the kitchen in a puddle of puke with half of it all over me and with only one shoe on - and i promptly had to puke out the window. Don't drink absynthe & Chechz (or however you spell it) vodka in a drinking contest when you come home hammered...

One time after a gig I got pissed on vodka at a party with blair. That was one of the funniest times i was drunk - I couldn't walk so he had to carry me home, the police stopped us... Ben found me lying half out the bathroom (in a puddle of puke, of course) in the middle of the night and i woke up in puke in my bed...

Oh the memories...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

too many to choose from.

perhaps tete's party, i stayed up drinking all of saturday night and sunday morning, went to sleep on sunday afternoon and woke up in time for school on monday morning feeling terrible.

or the worst was probably when i was gonna be spending a night with someone and they went out earlier than me and ended up going home before i even finished work. so to make up for it i drank delcious drinks, such as a 2 pint jug of addlestones with rocket fuel in it. then i went to ministry with sam and met Jason, from TV's 'big brother'. And he gave us shitty nasty champagne that tasted worse than white lightning. all i can remember about that night is kicking a glass into a wall and getting started on by a ned, then falling into a bush on my way home and losing my phone. when i woke up i felt worse than ever before and it continued until midnight that night when i saw my person.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

it's sad that drinking is considered as big a deal as it is up here. i don't get why it is seen as funny, interesting or exciting to get drunk. hey, don't get me wrong, i love getting cunted. it just think people's attitude in general to booze sucks.

There's been several, but more recently this one:

On my last night in Spain at Easter (was there for uni, a geoscience thingy) and we finished all the work we needed to do and since I had like 20 Euros left it was bender time haha... Beer is only 60p a litre over there, with a bottle of wine costing 70p!! Down at the pub the sold beer in 3 glass sizes and as always mine was the Grande Bajos Cerveza, or a 2 pint glass for 1.50 euros!

Insane, anyway suffice to say I was well minced, and unfortunately felt ill the whole next day (including the plane on the way home) I didnt chunder but I felt like I needed to and wanted to the whole day it was cack... the plane was the worst part tho haha.

About 4 years ago I was drinking straight whiskey in my flat for about 8 hours solid. Me forgetting to eat anything beforehand resulted in some serious boak. Anyway, I tried to 'hold it in' for as long as I could but ended up puking out of the window, and straight onto the window of the guy who lived below me. Cue me outside, sare, at 4 in the morning, with a cloth and bucket trying to wipe the puke off his window without waking him.

Anyway, the hangover I suffered the next day lasted for about 15 hours. That was the worst case of the boak I've ever had.

it's sad that drinking is considered as big a deal as it is up here. i don't get why it is seen as funny' date=' interesting or exciting to get drunk. hey, don't get me wrong, i love getting cunted. it just think people's attitude in general to booze sucks.[/quote']

i agree with this man. people generally go out with the idea "i'm gonna get really drunk tonight".... what the fuck's the point in that? i go out to have a laugh with my friends and if i get drunk(which i generally do) then bonus. but the main part of going out is to have fun, not to get completely fucked out of your face so you can hardly remove yourself from your bed the next day

i am really lucky in that i dont get hangovers. i cant get drunk either unless i am drinking spirits straight.

when i drank in my teens there was a few times i had a bit of a sore head next day/ felt sick but never since.

i got really drunk at my brothers wedding dance and got carried out. was fine the next day.

My worst one was before christmas. It was Jack Daniels promo night in the pub and every one was buying double JD / Cokes, but all they wanted were the T-shirts and prizes! Anyway I was half sloshed by then anyway (5 or 6 pints and 3 vodkas) and people were just leaving the JDs lying there (I swear there must have been at least 20 double JDs just lying going to waste at our table!) so I started helpin' myself. Me being drunk, thought they were just singles and stupidly drank 10 of them. By this point I was absolutely hammered beyond belief. I headed back towards my room shortly after, but fell asleep outside the TV room on the way. Some kind folks dragged me to my door only to discover I didn't have my key, so left me. Then another "kind soul" came along and decided it would be funny to hit the drunk guy with a brush. I ran off and locked myself in the shower room, only to wake up later with 2 university wardens staring back at me and the shower room door splintered open (they made me pay for the door!). The unlocked my door and helped me into bed. I woke up the next morning with the most intense pain in my stomache, and hurled no less than 5 times that day! This pain lasted for 3 days. It dulled a little each day but it was still pretty damn painful, even by day three. I've been more careful with my drinking since and actually have given up heavy drinking. I never go beyond 4 units of alcohol / day. :D But yeah, my advice, never go to a JD promotion night!!!

Andy

Ive only ever really had one bad hangover. I must have been 14 at the time and a few friends and myself went to cloud's house (when he lived in westhill) Im fairly certain it was the first time I got really drunk so I wasnt really used to it. After downing everything in sight I was then given some port my cloud's helpful mother, and I dont know what happened after that I recall just falling over and being sick (again, the only time drink has made me vomit). I woke up the next morning in some horrible yellow indie band t-shirt and I couldnt make the slightest movement without being sick. I was given some lovely blackberry juice when I was feeling slightly better which prompted an equally lovely purple vomit. :cheers

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
yeh' date=' i read the favourite tipples thread and it prompted me to recall the dreaded after effects of binges. My worst hangover was after a 3 day bender drinking stella and red wine (not at once or on the same night obviously, that would just be silly) and on the fourth night, i wasn't goin to drink anythin, but ended up goin over to a friends house and drank a ridiculous amount of whisky and vodka (regrettably i did mix the two, very drunken, very stupid) and even had a small glass the next morning after about 2 hours sleep. I really must have had a death wish, and the resulting hangover (which involved constant panic attacks and cold sweats for a week) put me off drinking at all for 9 weeks. Now, i am definitely not proud, but i must admit i find people's drinking habits interesting, and living in scotland, it is a huge part of our culture. Anyway, what about any of you other folks?[/quote']

You win.

Might as well close the thread because anything more would be lies.

Worst hangover was when i was only about 15. I was at a mates house and in a definate mood to get as drunk as i could. I was so pissed off at the itme with my mates doing the "responsible" act, and when you started to act a bit stupid they would say "uh i think youve had enough". ILL tell you when ive had enough bitch!

So anyway, i threatened my mates that i would not be responsible for my actions if anyone told me i had "had enough", so i get to the drinking. A lot of beer, gin, vodka and rum later, i find myself falling out the kitchen door to hide from their parents (who didnt care we were getting pissed anyway). Then walking the streets for a few hours, passing out in another mates house (who wasnt even with us). Falling into someones garden, and rolling out again, over rosebushes.

Puked up a particularly bright shade of yellow in the morning.

Worst hangover was when i was only about 15. I was at a mates house and in a definate mood to get as drunk as i could. I was so pissed off at the itme with my mates doing the "responsible" act' date=' and when you started to act a bit stupid they would say "uh i think youve had enough". ILL tell you when ive had enough bitch!

So anyway, i threatened my mates that i would not be responsible for my actions if anyone told me i had "had enough", so i get to the drinking. A lot of beer, gin, vodka and rum later, i find myself falling out the kitchen door to hide from their parents (who didnt care we were getting pissed anyway). Then walking the streets for a few hours, passing out in another mates house (who wasnt even with us). Falling into someones garden, and rolling out again, over [b']rosebushes.

Puked up a particularly bright shade of yellow in the morning.

Oh i'll tell you about rosebushes sonny. I've got an emo-scar now!

the day my dad came to pick my stuff up from uni. id been out with my work the night before for my leaving do' and got wasted. i was sick the next day and it has been the only time ive been sick from drinking ever. i had to lug all the boxes out to my dads car. i was so glad i was staying another day as i could not have drivin 200 miles feeling like that

1 litre of cooking sherry + 1 lbs bar of cadbury's chocolate.

I was so sick that my stomach concaved in the morning, I looked like a toast rack.

I "drove" to work (one up on diamond street, sunday morning)...

I felt like I was observing things from a tiny little man sitting on top of my head.

I crawled in at 11am...and only started to move at 4pm.

I tried to eat a rowie...but that gave me the dry heave.

I was probably still pissed for the drive home too.

bad days.

I 1/2 filled a black bin bag with sick.