aberdeen-music

Big Name Bands

rune

Haven't you asked this before? And haven't you already expressed your thoughts on the matter in several other threads?

Or am I just crazy?

Never mind, I think it's down to crowd sizes. Although there may be a decent band following in Aberdeen, we can't match to the numbers that the central belt can, even when taking into consideration the contents of the shire, etc.

Meh, who cares anyway? There's nothing like blowing your cash on a two day trip down to glasgow to see your favourite bands. Especially if you happen to be me, and that favourite band was Pig Destroyer. Ah, that was fun. :rockon:

Meh' date=' who cares anyway? There's nothing like blowing your cash on a two day trip down to glasgow to see your favourite bands. Especially if you happen to be me, and that favourite band was Pig Destroyer. Ah, that was fun. :rockon:[/quote']

Your not kidding four great bands in a small venue costing next to nothing considering the ticket prices these days and half of Aberdeen claiming the left hand side of the stage just incase you felt lonely :D

Im sure stage left was designated Aberdeen territory 8o

Im sure it was Ross that said something about the cost of taking the whole show all the way up to Aberdeen from Glasgow and then back down to where ever or vice-versa. Plus the fact the majority of bands struggle to sell out the AECC, even Radiohead tickets were still on sale the day of the gig. If you look down south the big venues in Birmingham, Manchester, London etc aren't really all that far away from each other and demands greater. Something along those lines.

big british bands do come to aberdeen, in the last year i have noticed a big rise in the amount of big acts coming to aberdeen but when american bands come over they might only have a 1 week window to tour the uk, so it makes sense to play the bigger city/venues

Guest Page 99
Your not kidding four great bands in a small venue costing next to nothing considering the ticket prices these days and half of Aberdeen claiming the left hand side of the stage just incase you felt lonely :D

Im sure stage left was designated Aberdeen territory 8o

Haha that was a fucking ace gig, but yeah as already pointed out who gives a shit?? I went to see Converge in Dundee a year ago and it was a far fucking better gig than anything which could have been put on up here.

I think Aberdeen does OK, given it's remoteness in relation to other places in Britain. I mean I saw Public Enemy at the Music Hall of all places, last year which completely beggared belief. The Lemon Tree's had some pretty big names aswell when you consider the size of it.

Saying that, someone should do something about getting The Cramps up here, looking at some of the venues on their current tour, I don't think they'd be above playing the Lemon Tree.

Guest Page 99

Quickly!!

Everyone!

Rune Has made yet another thrilling and interesting point..... oh wait.

Do you get a kick out of being a pedantic arse on these boards, or it is just that you have a bit of a problem with the pathways which link your fingers to your brain?