aberdeen-music

Kids In Cinemas - Curfew????

Guest bluesxman

Guest bluesxman

:down: Just been to see Revenge of the Sith, kid that could have been no more than six sitting behind me, started yapping and fidgeting before it had even started and continued all the way through along with random kicking of seat back. Continued evil stares at kid witnessed by mother did not even warrant a talking to for the brat. Why would someone take a young kid to a 2 and a half hour movie? I reckon kids under 10 should be banned after 5pm.

Puts me off going to the cinema went to see Hitchhikers Guide a couple weeks back and a male and female ned combo sat yapping about text messages behind me all the way through - i'm gonna crack like an American postal service worker soon I tell ya..... :swearing:

Guest tv tanned

most of my complaints tend to be targeted towards the usual pseudo-clever student types who sit and make smart arsed comments to their mates at inappropriate junctures in the movie.

I could slap them silly, they all look the fucking same as well.

Kids, at least, have the excuse of being young and not knowing any better.

speak to the floor staff and get the cunts binned. now that i work in a cinema i love doing that! there's no excuse for being a dick in the cinema. if u need to chat to someone or play with ur phone, the cinema is not the place for it. people pay too much to be there in the first place without the annoyance of their night out being ruined.

/x

Guest tv tanned

funniest moment at the Revenge of The Sith was the two muppets getting turfed out for smoking during the performance.

Made me laugh more than the love scenes...

Guest bluesxman
people pay too much to be there in the first place without the annoyance of their night out being ruined.

/x

exactly!!! I remember going to see the Star Wars special editions and being forced to listen to all the geeks saying 'oo that's a new bit!!' repeatedly.....along with my girlfriend of the time who had never seen the originals asking ' was that in the original?' the whole way through!!!! Gah!!! :swearing:

Guest tv tanned

I remember tipping half a tub of popcorn over someone at the old Odeon because they wouldn't shut up during The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Come out and complain! It sucks that you have to miss a bit of the movie to come out and draw the staff's attention to such things but it will solve the problem. I'm floor staff at a cinema and I would relish the chance to chuck some of our more, erm, unsavoury customers out. If noone complains then they are just going to do it again the next time and ruin it for someone else.

Also, I curse 12A ratings. It seems to make even the most intelligent parent think that it'll be OK to take their three year old in to see Monster-In-Law and not have to pay for a babysitter. Sure, you can take your younger kid in if they think they'd enjoy it and not be too scared, but a 12A rating does not mean that a child will gain *anything* from it whatsoever. They are not films for kids. Not that I think a young kid will ever enjoy the cinema. I'm always puzzled why some mother is shocked and annoyed when she has to spend an hour sitting outside a screen because her two year old isn't enjoying sitting in the same place for an hour and a half in silence.

Also' date=' I curse 12A ratings. It seems to make even the most intelligent parent think that it'll be OK to take their three year old in to see Monster-In-Law and not have to pay for a babysitter. Sure, you can take your younger kid in if they think they'd enjoy it and not be too scared, but a 12A rating does not mean that a child will gain *anything* from it whatsoever. They are not films for kids. Not that I think a young kid will ever enjoy the cinema. I'm always puzzled why some mother is shocked and annoyed when she has to spend an hour sitting outside a screen because her two year old isn't enjoying sitting in the same place for an hour and a half in silence.[/quote']

Exactly. 12A was brought in to along younger kids in to see Spiderman. Complete bullshit rating. What they going to do next? Make a 15A incase somebody wants to take their young kid to a future special screening of a new updated re-mastered T2. Bollocks.

Haha. Niced work Maddox.

I couldn't agree with Snowball more. I once had a couple complain to me for about 15 minutes about the fact that, throughout their entire film, 8 teenage girls had been running up and down the aisles, in front of the screen, throwing popcorn, screaming and swearing at each other and other customers.

I couldn't believe they wouldn't just come out and tell us, we'd have kicked them out without a refund straight away.

Some people should not be allowed in the cinema at all. I can't believe some of the things that the public think it's ok to do. Spencer had to ask two people last week to stop practically masturbating each other while they were sitting right next to a man and his granddaughter.

Honestly, next time someone bugs you, come and tell us and we'll have a word, if they do it again, they're out. Simple as that.

lets be honest...we cant exactly just ban kids...they are just as entitled to be there as anyone else

THANKYOU!

Children learn how to behave in society by being there what if we were to ban them how annoying would it be for a 16 yr old to be acting the same as a five yr olds first time at the cinema.

my sons first time at the cinema was a nightmare now he knows he has to be quiet and watch or he leaves.

we were all young once.

I was considering taking my kid to see starwars, he loves it he is only five.

There are hundreds of perfectly well behaved children who come to the cinema regularly. There are lots of kids who go to see the Kids Club film every saturday and behave like adults. I do childrens birthday parties and 9 times out of 10 all the of kids sit and behave and watch the film.

Most of the adults are worse actually. Kids make lots of noise, but adults make a fuck load of mess. My sister also works at UGC and last week she noticed a little boy had spilt his popcorn, she went over with a brush to sweep it up and he took the brush from her and swept it up himself, refused to let her do it, apologised for spilling it and said he was "really really hyper" because he was going to see Star Wars and he couldn't wait. I've worked there almost two years and I've NEVER seen an adult clean up any of the mess they make.

Guest bluesxman
THANKYOU!

Children learn how to behave in society by being there what if we were to ban them how annoying would it be for a 16 yr old to be acting the same as a five yr olds first time at the cinema.

my sons first time at the cinema was a nightmare now he knows he has to be quiet and watch or he leaves.

we were all young once.

I was considering taking my kid to see starwars' date=' he loves it he is only five.[/quote']

I never said to ban kids totally as that would be completely unfair - I suggested a 5pm ish curfew so people like me could go safe in the knowledge at a later screening that I won't be annoyed by 5 year old kids. If I was to go to a screening earlier then it would be the risk I take that kids may be annoying. If people were all like you and actually controlled their kids then it wouldn't be a problem, but the woman in question saw we were being disturbed and did nothing about it - she actually started chatting away to her sprog to keep him occupied! :swearing:

most of my complaints tend to be targeted towards the usual pseudo-clever student types who sit and make smart arsed comments to their mates at inappropriate junctures in the movie.

No. It's not. Most complaints are generally about neds.

Nice try though, perhaps you should have given a percentage though, maybe then more people would have been fooled by your pseudo-clever comments.