aberdeen-music

Crazy Frog Set For Number One

marcbyers

CRAZY FROG SET TO BEAT COLDPLAY TO NUMBER ONE

COLDPLAY look likely to be beaten to the Number One spot this week by a song originally designed as a ringtone.

According to music retailer HMV, Crazy Frog's 'Axel F' is outselling Speed Of Sound by a 4 to 1 margin in their stores.

Chart expert Gennaro Castaldo said: "Music purists might not be too happy at the prospect of the Crazy Frog outselling Coldplay, but it shouldn't come as that much of a surprise when you consider its huge novelty appeal and the massive amount of exposure its currently getting.

Kids obviously find it cute and cool, but students and even office workers seem to be drawn to its rather kitsch, ironic appeal. The only real issue is whether the record label can press enough copies to keep up with the huge demand that we're seeing right now."

it's gotta be one of the most annoying things ever...

they've have to put a black box around his pride and joy.. some sad bastards must have complained!

The people who make that crap should be shot.. or at least stabbed in the face with a screwdriver :swearing:

it's gotta be one of the most annoying things ever...

they've have to put a black box around his pride and joy.. some sad bastards must have complained!

The people who make that crap should be shot.. or at least stabbed in the face with a screwdriver :swearing:

one you've recently poked in a pile of fresh dog eggs. I trust.

I am waiting fo rthe "defenders of tack"...to say how KEWEL it is, and it's IRONIC...

no, it's a fucking sad annoying little animation. that some people need to have to show how "whacky" they are.

I was thinking about the crazy frog today, and how absolutely EVERYBODY i know absolutely fucking detests it!

Surely there must be something we can do! I don't understand how so many people can hate something so much and yet it can still get to number one and people are still buying it! Who the fuck is buying this record? Is it the 15 year old single mothers who hang around outside McDonalds on Union Street on a saturday in Burberry? Please, please, please somebody come up with a backlash to this that can be made public, before I, and I suspect millions of others around the UK have a nervous brakedown the next time the fucking advert comes on during the break in Hollyoaks!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike

Kids obviously find it cute and cool' date=' but students and even office workers seem to be drawn to its rather kitsch, ironic appeal. The only real issue is whether the record label can press enough copies to keep up with the huge demand that we're seeing right now."[/quote']

Proof positive that there is too much fucking babysitting/paper round money in circulation at the moment. That little blue piece of shit is symbolic of the triumph of banality and mediocrity in our society, of how the marketing and advertising men can take anything and bludgeon us over the head with it until we acquiesce and trot like willing sheep to the fucking malls to pay for the rancid swill they peddle. In his wake comes a whole menagerie of similar themed bollocks until every last drop has been squeezed from the formula. Look at the similar pattern in "reality television" or any other popular entertainment ideas. Where will it all end? How long before we end up back at the Coliseum throwing "celebrities" to the lions?

Actually, no, hang on - that might not be a bad idea. We could get rid of huge swathes of those fucking non-entities in one fell swoop! Count me in! :D

_40766559_daniel.jpg

"Actually Jamster is making a hell of a lot of money," says Daniel. "It's one of the best-selling ringtones in the world. And yes, they give me a cut of it. But I don't think it's even a little percent of how much they are making from it."

"Will it make me rich? No," he laughs. "Actually that's none of your business, but no it's not going to make me rich."

haha just rewards

"Will it make me rich? No," he laughs. "Actually that's none of your business, but no it's not going to make me rich."

Erm, I do think its our business actually, especially as we're the poor bastards who have to put up with that little cunt riding a motorbike in the adverts to EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PROGRAM ON BRITISH TELEVISION

Guest Keira
i have found people who ACTUALLY like the riongtone and thing it's hillarious. bunch of bams from work were singing it and laughing their pants off and then got it stuck in my head. i was not too happy. plus they have stupid hair.

ahhahhaha, what about you and the bird one? sigh