aberdeen-music

The Welles

Christy

I ain't sure if anyone has already posted a message similar to this - appy polly logies if this is old news...

Two brand spanking new songs from The Welles are available at www.purevolume.com/thewelles

I havenae heard them yet, the uni computer is being a clunge. However, I'm sure they're fucking ace - they sounded rad when we recorded them at any rate.

Love from Christy

Guest Tam o' Shantie

the first song has some amazing melodies

i've tried to get into the second one but it all just sounds like a typical bloc party song, and kinda disappointing. I know JJ is capable of writing much better songs! hang in there!

You nonce' date=' you're in my Essentials of Language class, are you not? Has Robert McCall Millar taught you nothing? "not me"[/quote']

Millar you say, of Aberdeen university fame? ... more than likely the infamous husband of my creative writing teacher.

also think the first song is missing a piano or something to give it a kick up the ass

I've heard it now. I like it.

Yeah, I'd like to hear an organ or sumpin in the chorus to gie it a wee bit more baws. But it was all recorded in a couple hours before I went to work and Adam went back to class, so we couldnae dick around too hard with arrangements. The next demo will be better.

Love from Christy

You nonce' date=' you're in my Essentials of Language class, are you not? Has Robert McCall Millar taught you nothing? "not me"[/quote']

Bonnie Bob the Renfrewshire mentalist! I assume he has regaled you all with light-hearted tales about his wacky youth...that crazy guy. I rather like him

Love from Christy

I know...i heard they are a bunch of mental patients.....i like this stuff....but why no shaun in the band anymore?

It's hard enough trying to get three people in the same place at the same time. The Magdalene Cox are a two-piece and still don't get full-band rehearsals.

Having said that, the Shaun collaboration could still happen, it just hasn't quite come about yet. To be honest, I rather like the way the songs sound with only one guitar. A second would, I suspect, merely obfuscate the melody. Although there is a second guitar on that wee demo and it sounds alright. I don't know! Leave me alone

Love from Christy

obfuscate

Clearly Bonnie Bob taught you something, ie that word! He once used the phrase "the more famous of the 2 bands I was in", but a Google search revealed nothing but an illustrious career in the field of linguistics

Didn't Shaun come up with name? I got the impression that he did, which would make his sidelining a tad unfair. Anyway, it's the worst thing about The Welles

Didn't Shaun come up with name? I got the impression that he did' date=' which would make his sidelining a tad unfair. Anyway, it's the worst thing about The Welles[/quote']

I have no idea who came up with the name - I was a late addition to the project. I wanted to be called either 'The Crook Of My Arm' or 'The Fucking Clownshoes', but was outvoted. Cunts.

Don't get me wrong, the Shaun thing may yet happen, it just hasn't thus far. We're still in the process of writing - only got five or six songs at the moment. When we've written enough songs, we'll worry about how we're going to gig them (additional members etc). But at the moment I like the way that it's going as a three-piece, and I think Adam and J.J. do too. I might be wrong.

Love from Christy

you buggers! i made it up, when i recorded that demo on my own at christmas! named after the greatest director of all time

obfuscate

that's why you get 19s and i scrape through on 14s or 15s, keenan. if only i read more books. calvin and hobbes taught me all my big words.

i think 'polar mulheron' is a much better name for a band than the welles