aberdeen-music

Songs which make you laugh

'Western Battle'' date=' 'Screamager', 'Still Ill' and Death From Above's 'Blood On Our Hands' all make me laugh as well but only 'cause someone always starts shouting them in an Exodus stylee if they come on :D[/quote']

Blood On Our Hands is great for some big ass air bassing in Exodus.

Narc, although arguably, the finest 'lyrics' come from the track 'Russell' in which, as legend has it, the Mondays had written a track with no title or lyrics whilst recording their John Cale produced debut. So, Mr Shaun William Ryder picks up the nearest book, which happens to be a Russell Grant horoscope book, and sings out the blurb on the back cover!!!!!

The song starts:

"Hold onto your hats, this is the book that you've been waiting for, the one that tells you everything you need to know to help you understand..."

And continues (this is where it becomes legendary!):

"There are twelve chapters, one for each and divided into the following....sections" :D:D:D:D

Pure magic!!!

Ask Tony Wilson what he thinks of Ryder! A poetic genius! He's magic, a street urchin telling stories through his fried brain! That album is full of him just trying to put real life events into words in his own unique way! It just had to be a Russell Grant book though eh!!!! Haha!

"Son, I'm thirty, I only went with your mother coz she's dirty, and I don't have a decent bone in me, what you get is just what you see yeah"

I am aware of the record' date=' was never gonna pay the full price for it, although noticed it 2nd hand in One-Up!! Might hae to gie it a whirl so to speak!!!

"JOE! He knows not to touch the television!"[/quote']

I dont know what the album is like, but the track Story is surreal. It is basically ten minutes of a wasted Shaun Ryder telling random stories about 20 grams of Euro and such like.