aberdeen-music

Guess word will get out soon enough so...

framheim

...um, as of this week i am taking an indefinite break from dedalus activities. there are many reasons for this but i guess the main ones are that i want to concentrate on completing my college course and also on developing my own musical ideas a bit more.

it's not a final farewell from dedalus and the door has been left open for some kind of return in the future so we'll see what happens later on but at the moment i am not a member of the band. so please direct any enquiries to steven, rob or bain. if you can't get in touch with them then i'll do my best to help or put you in touch with the rest of the band.

obviously dedalus will be carrying on and the gig on the 31st is unaffected by all this as i wasn't to be playing it anyway due to a prior commitment(magnolia electric company in glasgow, woo!).

word.

well at the moment rob is looking into creating a home studio and getting into that kinda thing so hopefully they'll be recording in the summer. though bain is off to europe for a month or so in june so it won't get finished till late summer i guess. no idea if they'll get someone else or what. as yet.

i haven't played world of warcraft for over a month. my laptop has been out of action for ages. hopefully back in action this week. :)

well at the moment rob is looking into creating a home studio and getting into that kinda thing so hopefully they'll be recording in the summer. though bain is off to europe for a month or so in june so it won't get finished till late summer i guess. no idea if they'll get someone else or what. as yet.

i haven't played world of warcraft for over a month. my laptop has been out of action for ages. hopefully back in action this week. :)

i was under the impressoin you had started the home recording

All the best with your future projects dave, and hopefully I'll get to see you as part of dedalus one more time..I remeber your set at Moshulu last year was just downright stunning, one of the very few times I've been left thinking "woah..that was fucking ace" :)

Show a bit of consideration! Neighbours has it's own thread, for your nudge-nudge-wink-winking admiration

I thought Dave was an integral part of Dedalus, and it was his tastes that had influenced the new post-rock direction, but that doesn't seem to be the case, which means that his leaving won't mean the end of the post-rock!

But his own stuff should be interesting

new post-rock direction? you obviously haven't heard our early stuff then :)

my first gig with dedalus involved soundtracking a film the rest of the band had made live onstage and we used to do sets of instrumentals and improvised music every now and again as well(well i think we did it 3 times, but it was fun). of course no one came to see those gigs. oh well.

but yea, i'm sure dedalus will carry on in much the same musical vein as they have been.

my first gig with dedalus involved soundtracking a film the rest of the band had made live onstage... of course no one came to see those gigs. oh well.

I came to that first gig, and it was great! Back in the heady days of the Mystery Lounge. Good luck with whatever you do next, Dave!

Guest Zeenat Aman

my first gig with dedalus involved soundtracking a film the rest of the band had made live onstage

I remember that(kinda), The Mystery Lounge with The SS, Dedalus and?.... I recall liking Dedalus anyways.

:gringo: