aberdeen-music

Jane's addiction

Benji

i had ritual de lo habitual but gave it to Narc.....rubbish' date=' utterly so i thought[/quote']

I love that album, Stop, Ain't No Right, Classic Girl, Been Caught Stealing - it's just full of classic songs :rockon:

.... just thought it contains the absolutely fantastic Three Days too :up:

Play you and be under-whelmed biatch.

I'm champion for a reason.

Expect an invite to the next tournament. If you're worthy enough.

Demos? Links? It's not like it's a new local band baby! This is Jane's Addiction!

Champion for a reason....cos u win? You aint played any proper players yet tho. I am the Neo of Evo world k :gringo:

They called the game just 'evo'. untill they seen me play, they decided on my performances to call it PRO evo. :rockon:

I take it J.A. has been on the go for a wee while then...

Champion for a reason....cos u win? You aint played any proper players yet tho. I am the Neo of Evo world k :gringo:

They called the game just 'evo'. untill they seen me play' date=' they decided on my performances to call it PRO evo. :rockon:

I take it J.A. has been on the go for a wee while then...[/quote']

You're pretty brave, aren't you!

You will face some pretty tough competition.

Remember, Adam and his brothers are shit hot and some people have descended into a Pro Evo existence since the last tournament.....................

Bring it on I say! let's get this organised.

I take it J.A. has been on the go for a wee while then...

Just a bit. Their first album was out in 1987 (a live album!) and they released Nothing's Shocking in 1988 and Ritual de lo Habitual in 1990, then split up in 1991. They did a reunion tour in 1997 (Flea on bass), split up again, got together again in 2001 (with another bassist) and released Strays in 2003 (with ANOTHER bassist). Then they split up about June last year. Which is annoying.

Start off with Strays or Nothing's Shocking, as they're the ones with classic riffs. Strays has Just Because (which is on many video jukeboxes, including TKs), True Nature, Wrong Girl and Suffer Some, which are all classic riffage... in fact there's only about 2 less-than-great songs on that album. Nothing's Shocking has Mountain Song, Ocean Size, Pigs In Zen and Had A Dad, which are again all classic riffage. The only tracks I'm not a huge fan of off it are Idiots Rule and Jane Says actually... and those albums have my personal favs To Match The Sun and Summertime Rolls, which are slower, more melodic songs.

Ritual de lo Habitual is slightly wanky... it's got some great songs like Stop, Classic Girl, Ain't No Right, and although it's about 10 minutes long, Three Days never gets boring. But some of the other songs are a bit self-indulgent. Definitely not the album to introduce people to them.

Really you just have to take the plunge... the only thing about them is that some folk get put off by Perry Farrell's (peripheral, geddit?) voice. As Psydoll said, their albums are cheap in One Up and FOPP.

wow !! a usefull fountain of knowledge, cheers bud :D

Nothing is impossible....Only your perception of it.....

Pro Evo is da bomb, and Im it's detonator.. get to close and BaBooOoOOom@pain

Im also quite usefull with a real ball, do you guys still play on Sat's?

i had ritual de lo habitual but gave it to Narc.....rubbish' date=' utterly so i thought[/quote']

spot the deaf guy. ho ho.

pray tell us what "good music" is then ?!

the B side of ritual is just the best ever b side...ever. (back in the days when there were such things as "b sides").

Anyone got any jane's addiction on the go for me to hear...

I can't seem to find anythng worth listening to' date=' and heard these guys are worth a listen?[/quote']

If you haven't heard "Been Caught Stealing" then it's on "Ritual De Lo Habitual" which is on our jukebox. I think it's CD 87 track 5. It's one of the few albums that escaped the recent purge.

you know, i thought i hated jane's addiction, but after having been made to listen to nothing's shocking many many times in a wide range of altered states i can safely say that yes, they are good, i think. yes. i also have a copy of strays but nowt else though, maybe i should investigate the stuff mentioned.

:D Keithiopian! Haven't heard that one in years!

Recognise some of the names you've mentioned. I'm a bit older than most of them so don't know them that well.

Did Chuck used to play bass for Blue Gum Ears?

If he did i know him!! Cool guy!

P.S. I'm not Snow, Prod is fit most people know me by.

Yeah chuck was the bassist, I know him quite well...Aint seen him 4 a while tho.

All these guys moved thru to the big smoke years ago...Aberdeen that is!

Steve D was in a band in Wales (Red line Curve)...They rocked good and won B.O.T.B's in Cardiff last year..He's now back in Keith with Amber if you kno her???