aberdeen-music

Bands that never made it but should have

morlun

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip.Your screwed.I keep missing E106.Ain't seen you guys in 2 years or something :(

Really man? Well, its different now. Dave is no longer doing vocals, its tony, Jaimi left the band, Im in the band. So its all change. Playing on the 14th if you wanna come see us :cheers:

earthtone9' date=' Will Haven, The Crocketts, Kerbdog, Grand Theft Audio, Mahumodo, Pitchshifter, Godflesh (although plenty posthumous praise now...)[/quote']

Grand Theft Audio were an amazing band - I love Blame Everyone so much, but they blew it big style by not gigging enough (did they ever do a full tour of the UK?), only ever releasing ONE single and never offically releasing their album in the UK. I would say it was hardly through a lack of effort they never made it big. Maybe they had recod label problems (on a first album?) but they will have to go down in history as a band who never reached their full potential. They were lucky to get as far as they did by having famous brothers and playing in moderatley succesful bands before GTA.

Having said that, "Death to the Infidels" is a fucking barnstormer of a song, and "We Luv U" made them a fortune by being featured in about fifty films.

How did they do it????

Really man? Well' date=' its different now. Dave is no longer doing vocals, its tony, Jaimi left the band, Im in the band. So its all change. Playing on the 14th if you wanna come see us :cheers:[/quote']

Jaimie left...?

Which one was he, the guy with the bandanas and stuff...?

Guest Cowboy Dan
Element 106. We have had recent interest from Virgin Records (seriously) although we dont suck scene cock so were fucked eh?

Wasn't that about 6 months ago?

Grand Theft Audio were an amazing band - I love Blame Everyone so much' date=' but they blew it big style by not gigging enough (did they ever do a full tour of the UK?), only ever releasing ONE single and never offically releasing their album in the UK. I would say it was hardly through a lack of effort they never made it big. Maybe they had recod label problems (on a first album?) but they will have to go down in history as a band who never reached their full potential. They were lucky to get as far as they did by having famous brothers and playing in moderatley succesful bands before GTA.

Having said that, "Death to the Infidels" is a fucking barnstormer of a song, and "We Luv U" made them a fortune by being featured in about fifty films.

How did they do it????[/quote']

saw grand theft audio at the cathouse, they were amazing actually. they did an amazing cover of the pixies' planet of sound.

always felt a bit sorry for ritch battersby, i think ginger asked him to play with the wildhearts when they were starting to reform, but said no because he was committed to GTA. then chris went back to 3CR without a second thought.

Kerbdog are apprarently reforming.... hope they play up here :D

yeah, they played in dublin on february the 5th and 6th, 2 nights at the temple music bar! i was gutted because we were in dublin from 2nd-4th that month! d'oh! think they're still warming up to start touring, playing another show in limerick sometime in may.