aberdeen-music

Band Rehersals!

jamesstanley

or you could buy a warehouse. split it into 150 separate soundproofed rooms, fill each one with an ampeg svt classic into an 8x10 cab, 2 mesa boogie triple rectifiers, a 10k PA system and one of those drumkits made from the wood they found at the bottom of that swamp that cost a fortune, all for the price of a 3 hour rehearsal at toms

:D

only jesting, i go for the room but i stay for the service :-)

spoons

/x

Also remember before 6 the Captain gives you 3 hours for 2! So that's 28 for 3 hours...the Foyer would be 24...so your not saving that much. Plus Toms has friendly service, good equipment and lots of tastey snacks...gotta love those Ritter chocolate bars.

Rehearsal Room

Got a rehearsal room in Nelson Street open (under Atmosphere Light and Sound at the mounthooly roundabout).

Doing 3 Hours for 35 although if you want to do weekdays before 6pm you'll get it for less.

Got a valve marshall combo, valve Harry Joyce amp head with 4 by 12 , peavey 150 bass amp and a 1200w P.A with effects and a feedback destroyer + drumkit.

Bring your own hats/cymbals/chocolate bars please!

Call or text 07946854511 or 639800. If you don't get an answer leave a message (with your number!!!) and we'll call ya back.

Should have a studio up and running before june as well.

Oh and there's a geezer who fixes guitars/basses from here as well.

Yeah it is just weekdays. I'd love to have a place that was just ours/shared with a few other bands. Get some funky rugs on the floor and some posters up. It'd be so great to have somewhere to practice for say 4 or 5 hours at a time without spending too much money.

Yeah it is just weekdays. I'd love to have a place that was just ours/shared with a few other bands. Get some funky rugs on the floor and some posters up. It'd be so great to have somewhere to practice for say 4 or 5 hours at a time without spending too much money.

aaaahhhh you and your funky rugs! :p ill tell you what, when (thats right, when, not if!) WTW get a place together like that to practise then ill buy you guys a funky rug for it - kinda like a housewarming present!

hate to be down on captain birdseye - the staff are excellent and the place has a good vibe (man) but this place costs 2x what we play when we rehearse in edinburgh...captive market or something like that. Time someone competed with these guys

(that said, we'll be back in captain's again this weekend so it can't be that bad :D )

Straight Eight Studios

8 per hour rehearsal

15 per hour 24 track recording

no age limit

open 12pm-12am

Equipment 2 x Marshall JCM2000 + 4 x 12 Cab

Ampeg SVT3Pro and 8x10 cab

Tama - rockstar kit and sabian AAX cymbals

Peavey 600W PA + 3 x SM58's

Behringer Monitors x 2

CURRENTLY LOOOKING FOR PREMISES / INVESTORS!!!! :p

Add 70 a month residencies and cool carpets and you'd have yourself a customer.

No Money in residencies I'm afraid ;) Although could do a 10 hour block book for 50 possibly...dunno....

I'm just not in the position to get into business just now unfortunately :down:

Awww come on little room with funky carpets just off to the side...70 from 7 bands...you'd be raking it in THINK OF THE RUGS!!!