aberdeen-music

Death is rubbish....

HeinzHines

Everything.....if i had no explaination for my life i would feel it to be pretty irrelevent....even if i had managed to make a 'difference' somehow....

I kinda see life as being fundamentally meaningless, even if you "make a difference" all you are doing is impacting the life of other humans who are also going to die, that in itself means nothing. You might say that people like mozart or einstein live on, in some sense, as a result of their work, but now that they are dead, what difference does that make to them personally?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

people rot when they die - it's nice to be romantic about it though, depends if you can afford to economically and emotionally speaking perhaps. who knows. lets hope that everybody is at peace with themselves when they die, i guess it can't happen to everyone.

Death is, as was commented, the only inevitable part of life. It's easy to say that itssomething that you shouldnt worry you, but not everyone can do that, there are some people who's most consistant thing is death, not as a distant thing but as a potential part of their life, people who are ill etc. Does death take on a new meaning for them, Death is different things to different people and yet the same thing in the end. No-ones definition or feelings of death are right or wrong they're just there.

Cheers

Stuart

Alot of athiests on this board as plainly as i can see... i say dont down everything tho, you may yet regret it in the after life..keep an open mind.

Death will come to us all true, but who knows what lies at the other end of it. Dont get me wrong i am a man of science, not religion but there are things that you can take from the good book, that of Semaritianism (not ENTIRELY sure thats a word). My point being, be a good person in life, dont be selfish and dont be materialistic after all as the saying goes "there aint no shops in heaven"...

i can feel i'm probably going to get slated for this but you know what i dont care! :p