aberdeen-music

The Best Gig You've Ever Been To...

jonty84

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although I saw a band called "...and all because the lady loves"' date=' (they were a female trio with hauntingly beautiful songs) at the Duchess in Leeds. Much too talented to become popular and successful.

Pete[/quote']

I remember hearing some of their stuff on compilation albums......i've a feeling there was a cello used ???

THE DANGERFIELDS

my dad's garage, my dad's house, Lhanbryde, Moray, Scotland

7th November 2004

The Dangerfields playing the best set I've ever seen them play, in what is usually the O.C.D. practise space, in front of 30 other people crammed into the garage... amazingly, some people were actually moshing (or trying to).

And the Dangerfields played "Astro Zombies"!!!

I don't think I'll EVER go to a better gig in my whole life (unless the Misfits, Minor Threat, Dead Kennedys or Nirvana reform and come and play in my garage or something...)

Dylan at the AECC or Mercury Rev/Flaming Lips at the Music Hall. Belle And Sebastian at the Music hall was good too.

And every Needles gig' date=' ever...[/quote']

dylan???? that was the worst concert i have been too. B&S were great but mine would have to be charlatens at the music hall in 99, not thier biggest fan but that gig was amazing

dylan???? that was the worst concert i have been too. B&S were great but mine would have to be charlatens at the music hall in 99' date=' not thier biggest fan but that gig was amazing[/quote']

Hmm

I was at the Charlatans and Dylan....

I`d say that Dylan was far superior.....

Mercury Rev & The Flaming Lips was stunning aso....

Nine inch nails - barrowlands - 96(?)self destruct tour

Public Enemy - Reading Festival - 92/93ish

Mars Volta - Barrowlands - couple weeks ago

more but my brains not working right

Glad to hear it.

My favourite gig was probably Manics at MEN in 2002 as part of Forever Delayed tour just cos it was the first time i saw them live i think. Public Enemy at Music Hall was indeed awesome as already noted by Hummer and Swingin Ryan.

idlewild at the lemon tree must have been awesome!

It certainly was. I think it was supposed to be a secret gig of sorts. All I really remember is this one guy afterevery song shouting "Actually It's Darkness!!!!!!!!" and Roddy grabbing a bit of the roof and leaning over the crowd.

There was steam coming off me when I got out. Sign of a good gig I've always thought.

Guest tv tanned

Wildhearts @ Edinburgh Liquid Rooms

AC/DC @ Aberdeen Exhibition Centre

Runrig @ Aberdeen Exhibition Centre

Manics @ Music Hall

Radiohead @ Aberdeen Exhibition Centre

Terrorvision @ Music Hall

Skunk Anansie @ Music Hall

Bon Jovi @ Ibrox

That's a thought - Idlewild at the Lemon Tree just before The Remote Part came out was fucking brilliant. Sweatiest gig EVER.

It was just before V2001 I believe. Way before the Remote Part was even recorded.

I was going to mention it anyway. Idlewild were great (nuts to you, Maxi!) and Aereogramme were absolutely stunning. I'd never heard them before but they were a bolt out of the blue. I remember shouting for joey was particularly insane. I also managed to smash my glasses at this gig... Hmmm... :D

Also, Mogwai at the Barrowlands. I had no control over my voice or body. It was that amazing.