aberdeen-music

So, who's coming to the Moorings tomorrow?

Doc Ascension

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm there. Looking forward to all the bands' date=' even if Doc Murray thinks I'm a moody twat.

Shatterhand... now I'm so sure I've seen them before but can't remember at all... they've been up already, right?[/quote']

I have nothing against you except that you went mental at me when all I did was point out a little spelling mistake! Anyway, the past is the past, and I see no spelling mistakes around :p

nah Dirtbox are awesome' date=' their songs are getting better all the time. I'll be there![/quote']

I wasn't dissing Dirtbox just in case that's what anyone thought - I just think the name suits the style of music that they play very well :)

As Billy Corgan might croon in his patented vocal styling - Toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! ;)

I'm there. Looking forward to all the bands' date=' even if Doc Murray thinks I'm a moody twat.

Shatterhand... now I'm so sure I've seen them before but can't remember at all... they've been up already, right?[/quote']

Shatterhand have indeed been up here - a few times if my memory serves. Kirk would be the man with the specific scoop I'd imagine but I've seen them in Drakes at least twice (correct Kirk?)

dirtbox? when did names become so incidental to bands?

+1

There seems to be a bit of a drought in terms of band names which seem to have had a bit of thought put into them nowadays. At least they're not a "the" band and don't have "ill" in their name, ala the killers, the kills, the thrills, the stills, the drills, the bills, the chills, the skills, the ills, the pills, the brillopads,... I daresay even the ones I've never heard of there have been used by at least 3 bands somewhere in the country.

Shatterhand have indeed been up here - a few times if my memory serves. Kirk would be the man with the specific scoop I'd imagine but I've seen them in Drakes at least twice (correct Kirk?)

They played a GFN? night with No Pints, Tearjerk ,Gilman Street and Fighting Cougars last April...one of my fave punk nights ever that one. wAs at drakes. They also played with fireapple red at moorings in sep.

other appearances have included with element 106 and anarchix last june! and they were one of the first bands to play the "new drakes" back in 2002. thanks to Dave Rowlands i belive...wonder if he'll admit it now :p

running order tonight:

weeping jesus (8.10pm)

shatterhand

dirtbox

ascension

be there!

Never caught Weeping Jesus but I didn't enjoy them either.

Interesting, how could you not enjoy them without seeing them!! :E

Can't say the punk on offer was my thing, but fair play. Had a great time - thanks to everyone who came along, well done Hog for making it hehe! And thanks to the moshers, it's nice to see people enjoying your music in such a furious way! Good show chaps!

PS, like the Warlock?? hehehe

Interesting' date=' how could you not enjoy them without seeing them!! :E

Can't say the punk on offer was my thing, but fair play. Had a great time - thanks to everyone who came along, well done Hog for making it hehe! And thanks to the moshers, it's nice to see people enjoying your music in such a furious way! Good show chaps!

PS, like the Warlock?? hehehe[/quote']

some fucking awesome guitar you got there,

i must say you guys wernt my thing but fuck you two can really play guitar well!!

some fucking awesome guitar you got there' date='

i must say you guys wernt my thing but fuck you two can really play guitar well!![/quote']

phew - there's one positive on the guitar! It could have gone either, "that is fucking gay, you retard" or "OMG!!!111 That is the r0x0rs!!"

1-0 roxors hehe :) i've been fannying around with LEDs on that thing for way too long, need to get it out there!

Mistakes aside i think that was a not bad first gig - can only get better! I think we're playing the tunnels in 3 weeks ish so hopefully a bit of spit and polish shall sharpen up the edges!

some fucking awesome guitar you got there' date='

i must say you guys wernt my thing but fuck you two can really play guitar well!![/quote']

Didn't hold my interest though.