aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Any good?

I’ve only had one listen so far but I like it, good album. If you like their other stuff I can’t imagine there is much to dislike. Maybe a bit less claustrophobic sounding than the older stuff where the vocals are more buried but I wouldn’t say the overall sound has been affected. Certainly not as much as the Jesus Lizard on their last couple of albums when everything got cleaner sounding, they seemed to suffer for it.

That Kid Kilowatt album is a real under rated gem.

I've listened to it once and it sounds affa good. Admittedly I only bought it because of Stephen Brodsky's involvement and because Kurt Ballou plays a pink strat on it. Music would be so much better if everyone played pink guitars, even Sunn 0))).

• Upvote 1

Recently I've picked up:

Devo: Live in Seattle 1981 - I missed this on record store day, but got one off their website. It's really excellent, a reminder that they were a smart, mutated punk band recorded at a time they were becoming more poppy.

Misfits: Walk Among US - Another one I missed on RSD (I like sleeping), but One-Up randomly had a couple of copies afterwards. What can I say, it's the Misfits?

Santogold: Master of My Make Believe - I was lukewarm to this at first, but it's really solid.

Death Grips: The Money Store - Really exciting stuff, it's great to hear something so agressive.

Drokk: Music from Mega-City One - It's like a lost John Carpenter score. it gives me butterflies.

I picked up the Plan B: Ill Manors single too, because I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. It's pretty good, but the dubstep remix b-sides are going to sound hilariously dated soon.

Alabama Shakes ~ Boys & Girls

Trembling Bells feat. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy ~ The Marble Downs

Remember Remember ~ The Quickening

Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat ~ Everything's Getting Older

Iron and Wine ~ The Shepherd's Dog

Various Artists ~ Neurot Recordings 1

Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine ~ 101 Damnations

Grant Lee Buffalo ~ Storm Hymnal