aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Would be a shame if it shuts but I agree with Chris about not fitting in these days. I'm guilty for downloading off iTunes all the time however when I do buy a physical copy of something I always get it from One-Up. How long has it been open for? I remember the 30th birthday bash with King Creosote but can't remember how long ago that was.

It's be open 33 years. If it makes it to December, that'll be 33 1/3 years.

Most of the CDs I buy these days are from the artist themselves at gigs. Everything else is usually bought as a download. It's hard to see where One-Up fits in these days. Most people will either buy a CD in Tesco or download it off itunes.

Its a shame they cant just modernise it in some way, its a fair size shop ....maybe a small gig venue of some description, for anything comedians etc, i dunno stick a coffee machine up the corner ....maybe they already tried....shame like.

a bit downstairs. coffee bar, maybe some individual headphones. like the music version of what waterstones has?

Wreckon so, theres always a load of folk selling music gear on here so why not allocate part of the shop for that and charge folk 10% ( or something...ducks for cover :) ) to sell there gear in there? thats no outlay or effort at all ..maybe im off the mark and they already tried it or something. I would go in more for sure.

Wreckon so, theres always a load of folk selling music gear on here so why not allocate part of the shop for that and charge folk 10% ( or something...ducks for cover :) ) to sell there gear in there? thats no outlay or effort at all ..maybe im off the mark and they already tried it or something. I would go in more for sure.

Really good idea. Would rather sell stuff in One Up than in Cash converters that's for sure. Would also be really handy for out of towners like myself when it comes to selling it. Wouldn't need to deliver or anything like that.

I like the coffee shop idea but there is quite a few in the proximity of one up so that might not take off sadly. Gigs downstairs would be cool to see though.

Really good idea. Would rather sell stuff in One Up than in Cash converters that's for sure. Would also be really handy for out of towners like myself when it comes to selling it. Wouldn't need to deliver or anything like that.

I like the coffee shop idea but there is quite a few in the proximity of one up so that might not take off sadly. Gigs downstairs would be cool to see though.

Jeez, cash converters....definately agree on that, could be quite a good earner and nothing to set up, could be good for some DIY gigs, minimal expense..again i dunno, what i do know is System of a down T's and C.D's wont cut it in Aberdeen. The Moorings had an ace idea of showing films on Sunday afternoon, dunno how much success thats had, i suppose "Beer + Aliens" might be more appealing than "Coffee / Cheese toastie + Nightmare on Elm street"....hmm or maybe not :) Theyve a tonne of space to fill.

Jesus and mary Chain - Darklands ( OK )

Sebadoh - III ( Good )

Sebadoh - The freed man ( Meh )

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless ( Good )

My Bloody Valentine - Isnt everything ( OK)

Red Kross - Phase shifter ( blegh )

Cd's? What about 45's:-

1) 5th Dimension: sunshine of your love. Liberty LBF 15243

2) Brook Benton & Dinah Wasington: Baby, Mercury AMT 1083.

3) Cream: Tales of brave ulysees: Reaction 591015.

4) The Animals: The house of the rising sun: Columbia DB 7301.

5) The Bar-Kays Soul Finger B/W knuckle Head: Atlantic K10082.

6) Althia & Donna: Uptown Top Ranking: Lightning Records LIG506.

7) Georgie Fame & The Blue Flames: Yeh Yeh: DB 7428.

8)Dave & Ansil Collins: Double Barrel: Techniques TE901.

9)Dave & Ansill Collins: Monkey Spanner: Techniques TE914

10) Curtis Mayfield: Move on up: Buddah Records Maxi single 2011-080.

11) Len Barry: 1-2-3: Brunswick 05942.

12)David & the Giants: Ten Miles High, B/W Super love: Capitol CL15915

13) Frankie Valli: The Night: Mowest MW3024.

14)Booker t. & the MGs: Green Onions: Atlantic K10109.

15) The Ojays: I Love Music:Philadelphia Records: S PIR6093

16) Chairmen Of The Board: give Me Just A Little More Time: Invictus INV501

17) Upsetters: Return Of The Django: Upsetter US-301.

18) The Who: 5:15: Track Records; 2094115

19) The velvelettes: He Was Reall Saying Smething: Tamla Motown: TMG 595.

20) Martha & Vandellas: Jimmy Mack: Tamla Motown: TMG 599

21) Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston: It Takes Two:Tamla Motownn: TMG 590 ( Two copies)

22) Marv Johnson: I miss you Baby: Tamla Motown: TMG 713

23) Jnr Walker: Road Runner: Tamla Motown: TMG 691

24) Jnr Walker: I Aint going Nowhere: Tamla Motown: TMG 894

25)Smokey Robinson& The Miracles B/W The Tears Of a Clown: Tamla Motown: TMG 1048 ( Three copies)

26) Mary Wells:My Guy: Tamla Motown: TMG 1100.

27) Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell: Two Can Have a Party: Tamla Motown: TMG 668

28) Earl Van Dyke: 6X6: Tamla Motown: TMG 759

29) Isley Brothers: I Guess I'll always Love You: Tamla Motown: TMG 683

30) San Remo Strings: Festival Time: TMG 795

31)R.dean Taylor: There's a Ghost In My House: Tamla Motown: TMG 896 ( Two copies)

32) Isley Brothers: This Old heart Of Mine: Tamla Motown: TMG 1050

33)Smokey Robinson & The Miracles: going To A Go Go: Tamla Motown TMG 853

Jeez, cash converters....definately agree on that, could be quite a good earner and nothing to set up, could be good for some DIY gigs, minimal expense..again i dunno, what i do know is System of a down T's and C.D's wont cut it in Aberdeen. The Moorings had an ace idea of showing films on Sunday afternoon, dunno how much success thats had, i suppose "Beer + Aliens" might be more appealing than "Coffee / Cheese toastie + Nightmare on Elm street"....hmm or maybe not :) Theyve a tonne of space to fill.

Jesus and mary Chain - Darklands ( OK )

Sebadoh - III ( Good )

Sebadoh - The freed man ( Meh )

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless ( Good )

My Bloody Valentine - Isnt everything ( OK)

Red Kross - Phase shifter ( blegh )

Sebadoh III is awesome, funny and really bad all at the same time. I luvs it. Cool memories of whiting out to the last mad track with all the screaming on it. Glory days.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Chariot - One Wing

We Are The Ocean - Maybe Today, Maybe Tomorrow

The Smiths - Hatful Of Hollow

The Smiths - "Strangeways, Here We Come"

Gallows - Gallows (w/DVD)

Flats - Better Living

Cavalcades - Coping 12" EP

We Came Out Like Tigers - Agelessness and Lack 12" LP

Listener - Return To Struggleville

The underlined ones were from 1UP