aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

I don't know if it's their best. I'm not a big enough fan to make that call. I really like the sound they went for after that. Some of my favourite songs are off their other albums but I've never been able to get in to this one quite like the others.

I'm wanting to buy a Blur album next. Which one should I go for? I was listening on spotify and all their best stuff seems to be spread out. I can't find one, start to finish, banger.

I don't know if it's their best. I'm not a big enough fan to make that call. I really like the sound they went for after that. Some of my favourite songs are off their other albums but I've never been able to get in to this one quite like the others.

I'm wanting to buy a Blur album next. Which one should I go for? I was listening on spotify and all their best stuff seems to be spread out. I can't find one, start to finish, banger.

Blur: The Best Of is all bangerz.

• Upvote 1

13 is their best imo and the only one I really love from start to finish. Self titled is also very good but if you're looking for the earlier brit pop sound then Parklife would be the obvious choice.

I saw them live earlier this year and they were incredible, they definitely have a very strong selection of singles, I'm sure their best of is very good.

• Upvote 1

You could buy all their albums on CD for less than a tenner via Amazon, why not do that, see what you like and then if you still feel the need to pursue this obsession with vinyl buy the ones you liked? All the albums have at least one decent song on them.

Personally I still like Leisure, although it is quite dated on some of the songs using that funky drummer beat so popular at that time. I agree with PA that 13/Blur are probably their strongest works. Was never a fan of Parklife really, This is a Low and To the End however remain possibly their greatest songs.

Edited by Monster Zero

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...