aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Good album. Like the last one with a bit more sheen. Still trying to decide whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Was a bit weird with the change in harsh vocals but I like it. Even the 4 bonus tracks are brilliant. Can't wait to see them in October, foolishly passed them up to see Them Crooked Vultures with my mate at download. Bad choice :p

Preordered the new Ion Dissonance album Cursed. Not had money for many cd's recently sadly :(

Taint - All Bees To The Sea 12"

Would've bought more last night if I had more to spare. Based on the songs they played from it, I'm looking forward to giving it a spin.

I fucked up. I thought that was just an EP due to only 4 songs on it so plumped for the other 2 albums. It's on Amazon though.

I got the new Arcade Fire album yesterday. I'm not blown away it must be said.

The Manafog split is grand. Some of the best stuff the Fog ever did as well.

It is indeed, though I have to say that I'm not overly impressed with the Fog side.

I was given another Manatees cd today " We are going to track down & kill......" Its jolly good too.

Ordered today :

United Bible Studies ~ A Shatner Observatory

Nalle ~ Wilder Shores of Love LP(art edition)

Flaherty/Corsano/Yeh ~ Snow Blind Avalanche LP

Red House Painters ~ Old Ramon

I'm a big fan of this album. My favourite RHP album seems to alternate between Old Ramon and the first self titled album with the rollercoaster on it. I think Rollercoaster is the better of the two but I have a soft spot for Old Ramon as its the album that got me into the band and has some awesome songs on it.

I wish I could pick up some RHP vinyl without having to pay a small fortune on ebay. I have the reissue of Songs For a Blue Guitar but would love to own Rollercoaster and some of the other early releases on vinyl. I'm hoping that 4AD might reissue them one day.

Guest Gladstone

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - The Logic Of Chance

A tad disappointed to be honest. Angles was such an incredible album, and one of my favourites of all time, so this was always going to have to be something special to even come close, but on first few listens it just doesn't even sound like the same act. A few good tracks, but not one track that would be good enough to get on Angles.

I think it will grow on me, but Angles blew me away - first listen.