aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Ultramarine 'Every Man and Woman Is A Star' ace pastoral tech funk from '91

Metalheadz presents Platinum Breakz vol 1 (re-purchase); Doc Scott's 'The Unofficial Ghost' is one of the most savage rinsers ever, also ace.

Desert Storm Hardstep Drum n Bass; on a jungle buying tip, getting some of the stuff I lost through extreme idiocy.

I wasn't overly excited by the new Isis album, maybe it's a grower.

How's the Crippled Black Phoenix one?

I've only had one listen so far but I enjoyed it, a nice mixture of styles. One song had me consulting the booklet as I was convinced they had got Tom Waits to guest on it...some nice post-rock styled stuff on it.

The Isis album - first impression was there was nothing new there but theres some nice guitar lines going on.

I wasn't overly excited by the new Isis album, maybe it's a grower.

I'm not overly enamored by it either. ace opening riff and theres some other cool bits but on the whole I found it a bit dull. I really like Isis, but mainly for stuff like Oceanic and the SGNL 05 ep.

Jarvis Cocker - Further Complications

How is that? I normally shy away from Pulp/Jarvis stuff but this one intrigues me, namely due to Steve Albini's contribution....

Fu Manchu ~ Go For It...Live

Flower Travellin' Band ~ Anywhere

Various ~ Virus 100, ace Alternative Tentacles compilation of folk covering Dead Kennedys tunes, replacing my much worn cassette copy.