aberdeen-music

Thanks!!!

Joe Atom

Last night at the Fudge awards we won best metal act, best live act, and best act... Thanks to all of you who voted, and those of you who didn't but would have given the opppurtunity. Having won best metal and best live acts last year I thought that perhaps we might not win them this year... to win them both and then get best act on top of that was great, and very surprising... I know it's only a wee local awards thing blah blah blah but it still feels great! I see it as a bit of an 'up yours' to the scenesters who think they're too cool to like us because because we happen to play 'heavy metal', and a vindication of our belief in ourselves over the last 7 years. We may have a lot of fun onstage, and we can laugh at ourselves easily enough, but that doesn't make us a joke band! We fucking love metal, and will continue to love metal and play metal for years to come :rockon: Thanks again to you all, if you people didn't like us and come and see us then we wouldn't win anything. You all rock!

BTW special thanks to Dan for lending me money to get in ;) And bravo Jamesy on the MMW acceptance speech, I believe you dealt with the situation admirably :)

Congratulations!!!

i couldnt be there because i was absolutly knackered after going to the gym (stupid me) and im skint since my pay has been screwed up and i havent been paid for the past 2 weeks :(

glad it went well though :D

i voted twice haha actually, i voted myself and then told someone else what to put on theirs hehe

i would also like to thank everyone who voted for us and all the atom fans. Whether atom are or aren't the best band in aberdeen will be argued by many - the fact that we have the best fans cannot be denied! Something proven by the result of the fudge awards.

Hurrah!