aberdeen-music

LED ZEPPELIN Sue Illinois Bar

Fast Caz

LED ZEPPELIN Sue Illinois Bar

Rob Olmstead of the Daily Herald is reporting that LED ZEPPELIN members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and descendants of John Bonham filed suit for the unauthorized performance of ZEPPELIN's "Whole Lotta Love" at a Glendale Heights, Illinois bar.

In reality, the legends of ZEPPELIN are probably unaware the suit was even filed, said Richard Reimer, attorney for the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, which filed the suit but is not named as a plaintiff.

Reimer said representatives of the society have been talking with 602 North, a bar at 602 E. North Ave., since 1999.

"There was a lengthy effort to persuade the owners to obtain an ASCAP license," Reimer said. "For an establishment like this, the licensing fee runs in the order of $1,500 or so per year."

They have had no success, so they sent an investigator to the bar on Oct. 2 and had him jot down titles that were played.

The suit is one of about 200 a year filed by the group, which has about 100,000 such licensing agreements with bars across the nation, Reimer said.

*Taken From Blabbermouth*

So pretty much what is happening if a bar has a jukebox that has for example dazed and confused and it gets played then the bar owner will have to a certain sum to the label ?

Led Zeppelin are shite anyway.

Are they?.....oh gosh, i'd better go and throw out my large collection of zep recordings then. Thanks for that, I always thought they were one of the most inovative and exciting bands of the 70's, so glad you put me right on that one.... PHWEEEEEE!!

Any other iconic bands from the 60's and 70's that I have blindly idolised you think arent worth the effort?

And can you suggest any alternatives that in your opinion are worthy of worship?

Boney M.

Not worth the effort or worthy of worship....?

Givs a clue... :help:

Are you deliberately being dense? Boney M are probably one of the most influencial bands of all time!

If it weren't for them we might never have had such great acts as M People and other like minded bands for whom the letter M had profound implications for their music.

Mmmmm.

Are they?.....oh gosh' date=' i'd better go and throw out my large collection of zep recordings then. Thanks for that, I always thought they were one of the most inovative and exciting bands of the 70's, so glad you put me right on that one.... PHWEEEEEE!![/quote']

Innovative? Cranking up the volume and playing old blues and folk songs? Surely the Stones did that in the early 60s...

http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/Zep/Originals.html