Lamest Band Of The Year Award

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scott 5FD
Originally posted by Mr.Mike:

any band that I don't understand or listen to is the shittest band ever.

Iron Maiden

Dream Theater

Queen

Mettalica

Napalm Death

The Darkness

TOYBOT

The Wildhearts

The Thrills

Electric Six

Rancid

if anyone disagrees they are wrong because this is the list of the shittest bands ever.period.

really? wow, you must have the most *perfect* taste in music :rollseyes:

ah shit... bassboy re-deited my post to make it look like I didn't like my own band! I'd prefer it if you wouldn't do the sort of thing I was doing 6months ago to try and wind me up...

my music taste is perfect, i'm on a message board and therefore can act like the school bully/knobend without fear of little gaylords like you ever doing anything about it. How'd you like that gaylord?huh? you one armed, half witted gaysex-monkey.

evidently sarcasm is wasted on the likes of you.

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

The Darkness say and do amazing things. They look like no other band on the planet, they're fun, they're entertaining, and most importantly they have great songs. They're successful now on a scale that most 'credible' bands can only dream of; it's one thing to be on the cover of NME, but an entirely different thing to be in The Sun's 'Bizarre' section. Even if they're cheesy, they're still doing something right. AND without having to write songs about "breaking someone's face tonight" or nursery rhyme songs about girls at rock shows...

exactly! :cheers:

Originally posted by Mr.Mike:

any band that I don't understand or listen to is the shittest band ever.

Iron Maiden

Dream Theater

Queen

Mettalica

Napalm Death

The Darkness

The Wildhearts

The Thrills

Electric Six

Rancid

if anyone disagrees they are wrong because this is the list of the shittest bands ever.period.

Dr Mouses Prescription: seek immediate medical attention :angel:

*bitch fest* :| basically i dont like money making bands, for example, the 'musicians' that covered the John Lennon and Yoko Ono song to make money for their record bosses and those behind that steaming pile of shite that is 'make-a-band' TV.

>> when i say money making, i mean those commercially created with a sole purpose to make money, i.e.. pop idol etc etc. lol.

Guest RomanChrome

The Darkness have done more damage to the music progression than any band in a long time. I'd say they are definitely worse than busted even though their music is terrible. Has anyone here heard the christmas song by the Darkness? JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING THERE! I'd rather listen to 4 hours of trance and i'm not joking.

They are bad.

If there has been a single band this year who have made any real progression and made this year a good year for music it has to be the Mars Volta.

People who like the Darkness have a strong need for regurgitated and bland music.

Originally posted by RomanChrome:

People who like the Darkness have a strong need for regurgitated and bland music.

i have to disagree with that last comment. They are a welcome break from the repetitive and ultimately samey music thats doing the rounds at the moment. They have also had a positive impact on people who listen to them; who are now going on to listen to the music that influenced the darkness. They are bringing modern day audiences back to the classic rock bands of days gone by. Surely thats not a bad thing.

Guest RomanChrome

I see them as welcome becasue there's been a 15 year gap between when their idols played the music last. It's totally acceptable for them to release this music but for critics to look upon them as saviours or godsends to rock music is a little silly. They are praised for what they are doing yet I see only regressive action coming from their music.

Guest The Voyeur
Originally posted by rach Lexuz:

why have you all got poles up your asses bout the darkness? "ned rock"? get a fucking life, they do some catchy songs and you all listen to them anyway. jeez. you are all so obsessed with whatever is the in thing at the time. walking about with your massive back packs etc etc. what a fucking CLICHE

ouch! you just hammered one rusty nail in the head there rachel! i won't pretend to like the darkness, there nothing but irony, but anyway if your going to jump on the next musical bandwagon then please listen to Franz Ferdinand's new single! it's fantastic and a massive bag pack is thankfully not part of their attire.

Originally posted by Bass Monkey:

Mars Volta aren't all that 'cutting edge' either dude, some interesting ideas but they don't fully live up to the hype.

I'd say Mars Volta are just as regressive as The Darkness!

i just find it funny that for the first time in about 5 years the public perception of the rock/metal genre is FINALLY fucking moving away from the whole sodding Linkin Park/POD/Creed/Nickelback/general nu-metalness rut that its been in and everyone's still moaning! I mean i know its obvious that these bands aren't the be-all and end-all of the genre but i just think its good we actually have some fucking talented spokesmen for the genre for once.

And maybe some of us shouldn't get our panties all up in bunches just because "'they'(being the non hoodie/baggie/red cap wearing music fans) like 'our' music", fuckin hell get a grip of yourself, go get a cd you actually like, listen to it, rock out, be happy and stop bloody whinging....

Originally posted by Rass:

i just find it funny that for the first time in about 5 years the public perception of the rock/metal genre is FINALLY fucking moving away from the whole sodding Linkin Park/POD/Creed/Nickelback/general nu-metalness rut that its been in and everyone's still moaning! I mean i know its obvious that these bands aren't the be-all and end-all of the genre but i just think its good we actually have some fucking talented spokesmen for the genre for once.

And maybe some of us shouldn't get our panties all up in bunches just because "'they'(being the non hoodie/baggie/red cap wearing music fans) like 'our' music", fuckin hell get a grip of yourself, go get a cd you actually like, listen to it, rock out, be happy and stop bloody whinging....

Or get Black Atom to be huge and everyone will be happy!