aberdeen-music

Lamest Band Of The Year Award

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bass Monkey:

thats my point exactly, they haven't done anything apart from getting their panties in a twist over the offspring and chinese democracy

Yeh thats true. At least slash and Duff have left and formed Velvet Revolver instead of being apart of Axl's spiral to failure:P. Didn't Guns n Roses also cause that riot in Canada as they cancelled last minute for some unknown reason?

Locally i would've said X-Certs but ive taken likened to them. There's no local band that has really been that lame in my opinion.

And Suzie- you must not listen to Queen much if you dont see that the Darkness rip them off. They are talented but are quite lame and songs arent that good.

Me saying Darkness is lame is my own opinion so I'd like if next time you wouldnt be such moron towards people's opinions.

Personally I think anyone that doesn't like The Darkness touches kids and probably thinks Brand New invented music in 1995. The Darkness, whether you like it or not, are gonna be around a lot longer than the current emo fad, afterwhich I bet a few of you will be swapping your backpacks for some spandex strides. Just because they're popular doesn't mean they're terrible kids.

Lamest band....there's a band called Bare Bones from London who were utterly shite....The Offspring, you'd think guys in their forties would be able to combine the three chords they know in a DIFFERENT way after all these years; AND they've got the traitor Atom drumming for them now. He's condemned his own soul.

Guest highroller

Dude cmon...the darkness look like they touch kids....I just dont understand whats to like about them! I totally know what you mean by liking bands that just play good ol' rock and roll but when it stinks that cheesy???

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

Dude cmon...the darkness look like they touch kids....I just dont understand whats to like about them! I totally know what you mean by liking bands that just play good ol' rock and roll but when it stinks that cheesy???

The Darkness say and do amazing things. They look like no other band on the planet, they're fun, they're entertaining, and most importantly they have great songs. They're successful now on a scale that most 'credible' bands can only dream of; it's one thing to be on the cover of NME, but an entirely different thing to be in The Sun's 'Bizarre' section. Even if they're cheesy, they're still doing something right. AND without having to write songs about "breaking someone's face tonight" or nursery rhyme songs about girls at rock shows...

Guest stuartmaxwell
Originally posted by Ben Quik:

Dude cmon...the darkness look like they touch kids

ha ha ha

how that made me laugh, he has got a good point

ive said it before an ill say it again, the darkness are alright, i dont mind them, i didnt like them at first which was febuary but over the course of the year, my flatmates incessant playing them, good nights out, etc etc i now think they are ok, the album tracks are good, that i believe in a... is shite but the other stuff is good

Guest highroller

hmmm just a thought but the way people who dont like what they class as "emo" keep going on about it is weird!!! I mean wh ypick on that genre?? Why do you feel so threatened by it?? Why cant it just exist?? Its all just modern punk rock to me!!

Originally posted by Untitled:

*sticks head out of hole*

iron maiden

*sticks head back in hole*

Throws grenade in hole ;)

Nickelback..... shoot them.... shoot them now.....

Glassjaw... what i've heard was undirectional and made my head spin

Finch...' i want you to know that.. we're emo'..... nah, just not my thing, sorry

Jesse James/Spunge.....oh dear.. i dont have a problem with ska/punk but they blew

whoever did that christina sucks/britney swallows song..... put them in the Iron Maiden....

Rancid...look fuckin hardcore.... sound like britney spears...

Lost-fuckin-prophets... (this year anyway, used to be vaugely decent) sound mediocre.... look like a band of derek zoolanders, saw a picture of them in kerrang all posing and i actually felt physically sick. shotguns all round...

Oh and on the Darkness topic, the novelty of them is wearing very thin but i still dont see them as anything short of brilliant...

Originally posted by Ian-The-Bassist:

Sing to the tune of ding dong merrily on high.

Kick untitled in the face,

His jokes are wearing thin now,

He thinks he is really ace,

about as ace as licking a dead cow,

fa la la la la la

fa la la la la la

fa la la la la la

fa la la la la la

fa la la la la la

fa la la la la la

Untitled is boring!

*waits for applause*