aberdeen-music

Get yer Haggis' Oot!

Camie

Guest Ancient Mariner

Don't rate him much as a poet, but the lad could write a tune. Check out a recording of "Green grow the rashes-o"

Trivia: hispanics began calling Americans "gringos" after the men defending the Alamo sang the above tune. Wherever u turn in American history, you'll find one of Jock Tamson's bairns :gringo:

I will be celebrating with a drop of Bowmore and "The songs of Robert Burns, sung by Andy M. Stewart"

Don't rate him much as a poet' date=' but the lad could write a tune. Check out a recording of "Green grow the rashes-o"[/quote']

Woah, that was by him? That brings back memories, my mum used to sing me that when I was little :) Just checked on Google and I think it was a different one actually

http://whitewolf.newcastle.edu.au/words/authors/T/Traditional/verse/greengrowrushes.html

I had the words all wrong! Ahh.. nostalgia

Guest Composed
Don't rate him much as a poet' date=' but the lad could write a tune. Check out a recording of "Green grow the rashes-o"

Trivia: hispanics began calling Americans "gringos" after the men defending the Alamo sang the above tune. Wherever u turn in American history, you'll find one of Jock Tamson's bairns :gringo:

I will be celebrating with a drop of Bowmore and "The songs of Robert Burns, sung by Andy M. Stewart"[/quote']

the expression 'gringos' comes from the Mexicans listening to the many Welsh soldiers at the Alamo singing; especially 'green grow (gringo) the rushes oh

Guest Ancient Mariner
the expression 'gringos' comes from the Mexicans listening to the many Welsh soldiers at the Alamo singing; especially 'green grow (gringo) the rushes oh

I do believe that's what I said