aberdeen-music

Opinions on this tune? for metal heads?

Hog

Actuall the Marillion drummer Mr Mosley is a very' date=' very good drummer, plays a lot of jazz studff, the rythm section of bass and drums is the strongest thing about Marillion, he could play it, he just feels that playing fast doesn't mean playing well ;)

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

No way could he play it. Ah, the " He plays fast therefore he may not be playing well" route. Incase you have hearing problems you may realise that his drumming is very accurate and technically the Marillion drummer wouldnt have a hope in hell playing that song

No way could he play it. Ah' date=' the " He plays fast therefore he is he may not be playing well" route. Incase you have hearing problems you may realise that his drumming is very accurate[/quote']

How do you know he couldnt play it ? Just because he chooses to play a different style of music doesn't mean he can't play another style. You went on about the drummers who rated your drummer guy theres a lot who rate Mosley very highly too from various genre's including Nicko McBrain, Andy Gangadeen, Lars Ulrich and many other, he is rated as a very solid and good drummer in rock circles Hog, different genre's and I still don't think fast drumming = good drumming.

Cheers

Stuart

different genre's and I still don't think fast drumming = good drumming.

Cheers

Stuart

I wasnt saying fast drumming equals good drumming. I was saying that I dont think he could technically pull it off. Yes, the song happens to be fast but thats not what I have been talking about. Im talking about accuracy and technical ability.

I wasnt saying fast drumming equals good drumming. I was saying that I dont think he could technically pull it off. Yes' date=' the song happens to be fast but thats not what I have been talking about. Im talking about accuracy and technical ability.[/quote']

Erm Mosley is know throughout the business as being one of the most technical and accurate drummers there is, he and Pete Trewavas are the only members of Marillion who are extremely good musicians, the others just work well together (tho i have a soft spot for Rothery). Ian Mosley is someone who hasn't just played for Marillion, he's the only one who had a very strong career before joining the band :

Darryl Way's Wolf, Gordon Giltrap, Steve Hackett Band, Renaissance, Curved Air, Propaganda, Manfred Mann....

http://members.tripod.com/~Marillion_disco/mosley.htm

As well as this he has also played for many West End shows and has a very strong history.

Thats a very varied band history.

You should know better than to try this on me Hog Boy ;)

Cheers

Stuart