aberdeen-music

Non-metal message

leftboy

Since this forum is sooooo metal, does anyone else here like Belle and Sebastian? I love them. "The Boy With the Arab Strap" is the most poetic album since... Morrissey's "Vauxhall & I".

Fey indie they may be. But that's no bad thing! Why emphasise agression etc in the musical emotional palette?

Since this forum is sooooo metal' date=' does anyone else here like Belle and Sebastian? I love them. "The Boy With the Arab Strap" is the most poetic album since... Morrissey's "Vauxhall & I".

Fey indie they may be. But that's no bad thing! Why emphasise agression etc in the musical emotional palette?[/quote']

my wife loves them, a bit too twee for me, but "fox in the snow" is a lovely song.

have you checked out aberfeldy yet then ? (right up your street I imagine)

Incidently "reeling around the fountain" is licking a chap's sensitive tip til it spurts - like a fountain. Odd the way you pick up info...

Yeah man B&S are fan-daby-dozy. "Sleep The Clock Around" is so stunningly beautiful and true that if I could ever write anything so fine I would probably die happy (I'm a writer by the way - check my website...). Fox in the Snow is equally lovely - reminds me of Philip Larkin.

For a music forum I do feel that this place is too metal. i would say that the best band playing in aberdeen is the jazz of Bug And Friends. Bug is an amazing guitarist! I have probbly seen them about 15 times, in morgans, drakes and kef, and they have been just getting better and better.

Bug is amazing' date=' He always plays at the Bridge View Openings (petrofac building, opposite the torry bridge), there's a NEOS'05 opening next thursday, I am sure he'll be playing there...

as for B&S...

check this link

[url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4169075.stm

Problem is its another one of those polls that has been stuffed by the fanbase, there's no way b&s are actually the general publics choicem i bet if you find b&s mailing lists etc they'll all have asked people to vote as manytiems as possible.

Good band, but didn't they do this with the briuts a few years ago ?

Kinda stops people taking them too seriously

Cheers

Stuart

Good band' date=' but didn't they do this with the briuts a few years ago ?

Stuart[/quote']

possibly, but even worse than that, Steps took a huff, because "no one's heard of B&S< and steps have sold millions of records" so the next year, they basically invented a catagory , something like "best new band, older than 1 year, that's sold shitloads of records to stupid kids, and the name has to begin with S and end in S"...and the winner is....

That's why I always think "battle of the blands" competitions are a joke, battle of the pals (or "friends of the judges" is more the case in aberdeen)