aberdeen-music

Genesis

jester1470

Well having been listening to rather a lot of Genesis lately and what an amazing band.

I can't think of any band that have had 3 such great era's of their career from the great prog epics of Peter Gabriel era to the commercial pop/rock of Phil Collins era to the slightly darker rock of the short lived Ray Wilson album/era.

Phil Collins gets a lot of slagging but he's one of the best drummers around and a convincing frontman with some incredible songs under his belt like 'No son of mine', 'mama', 'land of confusion' and 'Jesus, he knows me'.

Peter Gabriel is a suitably stunning frontman and singer with an eccentricity that adds to the overall effect.

Ray Wilson is one of the best vocalists in the UK, a great songwriter and a scotsman ;) - hell i remember going to see his band Guaranteed Pure play Smart Alex's - didn't he do well...

They have a really bad and unfair reputation and are undoutedly one of the finest bands that the UK have produced and certainly one of the biggest.

Well worth getting the platinum collection, 3cds of excellence for a great price.

Cheers

Stuart

Well having been listening to rather a lot of Genesis lately and what an amazing band.

I can't think of any band that have had 3 such great era's of their career from the great prog epics of Peter Gabriel era to the commercial pop/rock of Phil Collins era to the slightly darker rock of the short lived Ray Wilson album/era.

Phil Collins gets a lot of slagging but he's one of the best drummers around and a convincing frontman with some incredible songs under his belt like 'No son of mine'' date=' 'mama', 'land of confusion' and 'Jesus, he knows me'.

Peter Gabriel is a suitably stunning frontman and singer with an eccentricity that adds to the overall effect.

Ray Wilson is one of the best vocalists in the UK, a great songwriter and a scotsman ;) - hell i remember going to see his band Guaranteed Pure play Smart Alex's - didn't he do well...

They have a really bad and unfair reputation and are undoutedly one of the finest bands that the UK have produced and certainly one of the biggest.

Well worth getting the platinum collection, 3cds of excellence for a great price.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

This is strangly similar to Patrick Baitmans (Christian Bale) speil about genesis right before he rapes a prostitute in American Psycho............should we be worried!?

This is strangly similar to Patrick Baitmans (Christian Bale) speil about genesis right before he rapes a prostitute in American Psycho............should we be worried!?

Actually no its not because he goes on about how the Peter Gabriel era is the superior if i remmeber, I'm saying all 3 eras are great and the Ray Wilson era hadn't even happened when american psycho was set ;)

Always thought American Psycho was a hugely overated book, just a lot of mid 80's pop culture references put around a story designed to shock.

Cheers

Stuart

Actually no its not because he goes on about how the Peter Gabriel era is the superior if i remmeber' date=' I'm saying all 3 eras are great and the Ray Wilson era hadn't even happened when american psycho was set ;)

Always thought American Psycho was a hugely overated book, just a lot of mid 80's pop culture references put around a story designed to shock.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Well im boned.......shoot me down after i thought i was being the big man.......look i was just trying to impress some girls......cut me some slack!!!!!!!!

A mate showed me that scene in AMerican Psycho because of my Genesis obsession and I (only half jokingly) pointed out that he has got his facts wrong as well as his opinions!

I'm having a Genesis phase again at the moment: I sometimes go for long breasks without listening and then I play them again and realise that nothing else ever seems to quite match them for that "tingle factor."