aberdeen-music

20/11 @ Moorings Bar

kirkt

man i'm hurtin. if you cant take a bit of critisism you're never gonna make it. i said nothing about your actual talent. i'm a drummer too' date=' and you sounded like a good solid drummer. i was saying that i dont like the style of stuff you guys play. i didnt expect to hear that at the moorings, aways assumed the music blastin out would be my sorta stuff.

chill out man, not everyone is gonna love you.[/quote']

I don't give a shit if you like my band, its just you saying that thats the way music is going, it just pissed me off because thats the music I love.

thats all well and good

sure, some people like that. but there's so much of that style about, i'm askin whether it's gonna start appearing everywhere, and overshadow other styles.

but it's true i read somewhere on this thread that it's about respecting bands, not necessarily agreein with their taste in music. i guess thats true, and as far as respect goes, you guys did stand up, play a solid set. just hopin we can keep this diversity of music we have jst now.

Seriously' date='what the fuck are you all like?

That was the best gig Femora have ever played,and yes they do sound much better with Chris on vocals.If you actually pay attention the whole band have changed what there doing to an extent.And for whoever said something about *progression*,for your sake i hope you never saw them before,and it was just a typo.I mean,there are 10 times what they were before,there sound has changed (faster,heavier).Plus they are alot more comfortable and confident on stage.And for the people at the back,do you pay your 3 for the warmth or what?.Its a fucking gig,come down and support the bands,you dont have to be right up against the monitors,just so that the band can actually see your faces.

Yes i was one of the fuckers at the front during Femora set,swinging my arms around and having a bloody good time.Keep it up boys!

Taylor[/quote']

You know i dont know where to start with that load of crap.

Just for the record we are an alt.rock bar. Our jukebox contains proportional measure of most alt.rock flavours. I'd agree that indie is currently less well represented.

Here's the more or less up-to-date contents - some people might be surprised at what's in there:

Regular Albums:

AC/DC - Powerage

Aerosmith - Pump

Asia - eponymous

Biffy Clyro - The Vertigo of Bliss

Blondie - Parallel Lines

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

Brian Wilson - Smile

Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town

Crowded House - Woodface

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables

Deftones - Around the Fur

Dragonforce - Sonic Firestorm

Duran Duran - Astronaut

Electric 6 - Fire

Fields of the Nephilim - Revelations

Foofighters - One by One

Frank Zappa - One Size Fits All

Garbage - eponymous

Green Day - American Idiot

Hazel O' Conner - Breaking Glass

HIM - And Love Said No

Icanbus - Science

Iced Earth - Days of Purgetory

Janes Addiction - Ritual de la Habitual

Jet - Get Born

Killing Joke with Dave Grohl - eponymous

Kyruss - Blues for the Red Sun

Lynyrd Skynyrd - First & Last

Machine Head - Burn My Eyes

Marilyn Manson - Holywood

Martha and the Muffins - Metro Music

Metalica - Black

Misfits - American Psycho

Motely Crue - Dr Feelgood

Muse - Absolution

Nightwish - Once

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Offspring - Americana

Placebo - eponymous

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

Radiohead - OK Computer

Rage Against the Machine - eponymous

Rancid - And Out Come the Wolves

Skunk Anansie - Stoosh

Slayer - God Bless Us All

The Cramps - Fiends of Dope Island

The Datsuns - Outa Sight Outa Mind

The Dictators - D.F.F.D.

The Distillers - Coral Fang

The Donnas - Skintight

The Libertines - eponymous

The Manic Street Preachers - Holy Bible

The Rasmus - Dead Letters

Therapy - Shameless

Type O Negative - Life is Killing Me

Velvet Revolver - Contraband

White Stripes - Elephant

Yes - 90125

Young Heart Attack - Mouthful of Love

Single Artist/Band Greatest Hits Collections:

Alice Cooper

Bangles

Be Bop Delux

BeeGees

Black Sabbath

Blue Oyster Cult

Bob Marley

Cheap Trick

Cult

Dio

Dire Straits

Golden Earring

Journey

L.A. Guns

Levellers

Megadeath

New Model Army

Nirvana

Pat Benatar

Patti Smith

Queen

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Rush

Steely Dan

Testament

The Band

The Jam

The Velvet Underground

The Wildhearts

Thunder

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Toxik Ephex

Various Artists/Bands Compilations:

Alternative 80s [bauhaus, Pimitives, Sugercubes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc]

Darker Side of the 80s [New Model Army, Pixies, The Fall, Wedding Present, etc]

Kerrang Nu Metal [Hot Action Cop, Idaho Colts, Linkin Park, The Translplants, etc]

New Blood Of Rock 'n Roll [Los Nachos, The Hives, The Datsuns, Von Blondies, etc]

Punk Crazy [999, Cockney Rejects, UK Subs, Vibrators, etc]

Songs the Cramps Taught Us

Return of the Grievous Angel a Tribute to Gram Parsons

Recently we added Marillion, Pallas, and the new Kings of Leon album.

I'd like the choice of live bands to reflect the diversity in the jukebox.

i dont think saying that the moorings is a metal bar really cuts it. Ive seen Broken Sunshine get a good reception there and Gilman Street went down a storm' date=' neither of them you could say were metal bands.

As i say im not having a go at you guys just saying dont blame the crowd if they're not interested in you. After all they are the ones who paid to come see you play.[/quote']

I have to agree the best reception I've seen anyone get in there was Emma Forman when she did her acoustic set the weekend before last the cheer nearly knocked her flying.Jo also got a similar cheer as did Red Medicine who were pretty different to Jo and Emma.

Cheers

Stuart

and she takes it in the ass. Taylor told me. he then started strangling her and saying "shut it woman' date=' you have no frame of relevance here!"

sXe indeed.[/quote']

Man you forgot the part,.when i spat in her face!...just kidding,yeah she is a very cool person.And dave thats great how someone has said your bit about having sex with women,i think it was psydoll.

Milner no offence right,but when you and gilman played.The line-up was probably more suited (i dont know).I just think it would of been hard for ALL bands playing on sat to win over the fans.They were lucky to get any down front stage,it was my mates that stood there most of night,with the exception of a couple coming down for 5FD.

Taylor

haha' date=' that was me and my friend, she dragged me along, could you tell i didn't want to dance? i thought i was going to be sick[/quote']

I was sure you two were smoking crack.

there was a squad of men waiting outside the venue with clubs and condoms. Ready to pounce as soon as you walked out the door.

Then I told them they you weren;t actually on crack, just rather silly.

They had to walk all the way back to Newmachar with a hardon.

Man you forgot the part' date='.when i spat in her face!...just kidding,yeah she is a very cool person.And dave thats great how someone has said your bit about having sex with women,i think it was psydoll.

Milner no offence right,but when you and gilman played.The line-up was probably more suited (i dont know).I just think it would of been hard for ALL bands playing on sat to win over the fans.They were lucky to get any down front stage,it was my mates that stood there most of night,with the exception of a couple coming down for 5FD.

Taylor[/quote']

Line up stuited?? Come on guys that is such a cop out as well. If your good enough then people will give you the attention, im not saying femora arnt good because by all means from what ive read you guys are getting your shit together really well.

I just wished people woudnt say "oh the moorings is a metal bar" or "its such a hard place to get a reaction" because its not!!! On both accounts. If you play well the people at the moorings will give you a good response. Just for the record when we played yes it was a more suited night but as we were on last most people had to go get a bus home so the crowd we played to included none of our fans or friends and we still got a great reception from there.

Line up stuited?? Come on guys that is such a cop out as well. If your good enough then people will give you the attention' date=' im not saying femora arnt good because by all means from what ive read you guys are getting your shit together really well.

I just wished people woudnt say "oh the moorings is a metal bar" or "its such a hard place to get a reaction" because its not!!! On both accounts. If you play well the people at the moorings will give you a good response. Just for the record when we played yes it was a more suited night but as we were on last most people had to go get a bus home so the crowd we played to included none of our fans or friends and we still got a great reception from there.[/quote']

man i dont play for femora,i dont think the moorings is a metal bar,ok so the jukebox is full of metal tunes,but they put on a range of music.Its only a hard place to get a reaction,when no-one cares what is on,unless its there mates band.Femora played a solid set on sat,and most people were sitting at tables at back,speaking to mates,what can teh band do?.Run out and drag them forward?

hi

i would like to say thanks for everyone for there comments i respect them all.and i had great fun on sat cant wait to play wit dave and the boys from filthpact.oh and by the start of next year me other band should be on the scene which dave will like very much very norma jean/sawtooth grin just like u wanted dude.have fun bickering children from chris(new femora voxs) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Haha oh dear you've taken this in the wrong sense altogether kids' date=' u never know i may like your music but if your going to act like this then fair enough. i was only offering some suggestions to how you make a night like that go better for yourself. But obvioulsy you know better.[/quote']

Don't worry I get you.