aberdeen-music

Biffy-part 1985

Camie

Dear lord that was awesome! Probably gig of the year.

Can't really remember the set list. So glad they played "A Day Of..." , "Theres no such thing as a jaggy snake" and "Strung to the ribcage"(contary to Miss Tsunami's beleifs;)).

No doubt they will come back as the crowd response was fucking top notch.

Reuben played fucking ace too, its a shame they only played 5 songs. Got Jamie of reuben's autograph which kept me happy.

Boxer Rebellion didnt do me any favours. Thought they tried to be too weird and just sounded crap. Singer sounded like the guy from The Cooper Temple Clause.

biffy set list....roughly...not in too great an order...

glitter and truama

bodies in flight

liberate the illiterate

joy.discovery.invention

wave upon wave upon wave

justboy

strung to your ribcage

wave upon wave upon wave

the kids from kibble and the fist of light

scary mary

convex concave

a day of

questions and answers

there is no such thing as a jaggy snake

toy toys toys choke toys toys toys

now the action is on fire!

highlights for me included - justboy, kids from kibble..,strung to your ribcage and an absolutely amazing bodies in flight!! met simon before the gig so got infinity land and my 27 single signed....but astounding gig....i had a good view on the stairs and sang my little heart out..as a result i will have no voice tomorrow. woop. 11/10.

twas indeed a decent gig. i love reuban so was really wanting a longer set but jamie said they are coming up for a headlining show soon. sweet.

I will be looking forward to that

Guest haigyman
twas indeed a decent gig. i love reuban so was really wanting a longer set but jamie said they are coming up for a headlining show soon. sweet.

if you love them so much why do you insist on spelling their name wrong every time you mention them?

questions and answers was nowhere near the end of the set before the encore, as i left the main core of the crowd just before said song, and managed to rejoin the crowd then leave again before the encore. Main points for me are why the hell was MUD so dead after the concert and why the hell are you lot charging 3.00 for a pint of cola? don't you realise that people are either too young to drink or have to drive home from a concert?? i mean 1.75 for a pint of lager or 3.00 for a soft drink, talk about encouraging drink-driving.

Biffy were awesome and are every time I see them.

Rueben were pretty good I though.Why were they on first and with such a short set?

I just didn't get The Boxer Rebellion at all.they were a poor mans tctc or The Music to me.Nae Impressed.

I have to ask though.Was anyone else so swetty that you would've thought u'd just dunked your t-shirt in a bucket of water?Or is it just me?

Good gig. Pleased with how everything worked out.

Regarding the pint of coke, I agree, it is too much for a pint of coke. Not something we'e ever really thought about, because no one ever buys pints of coke. Probably because they are 3 !!

He/She will have been charged for 2 x 1.50 glasses of coke probably, as there isn't a pint of soft drink button on the till.

We'll change it, just as soon as I work out how to program the damned things...

Thanks to :

Paul Stewart

Jimmy ans all at CLS

Ben Weapon

Dr Rachel and her stethoscope

staff and security

anyone else I've forgotten

Rob

Good gig. Pleased with how everything worked out.

Regarding the pint of coke' date=' I agree, it is too much for a pint of coke. Not something we'e ever really thought about, because no one ever buys pints of coke. Probably because they are 3 !!

He/She will have been charged for 2 x 1.50 glasses of coke probably, as there isn't a pint of soft drink button on the till.

We'll change it, just as soon as I work out how to program the damned things...

Thanks to :

Paul Stewart

Jimmy ans all at CLS

Ben Weapon

Dr Rachel and her stethoscope

staff and security

anyone else I've forgotten

Rob[/quote']

it was indeed a good show

everyone should thank Ross, Rob and Alan along with the moshulu staff for all the hard work that went into putting this show on

Awesome night altogether. Biffy were excellent and the mass singalongs were awesome. I'd say the atmosphere was better than their gig at the forum last time they were here.

My two complaints:

Reuben didn't get nearly enough time to play, they had to cut so many good songs.

Boxer Rebellion were terrible and ripped of Cooper Temple Clause.

The night would have been altogether better if Reuben had been the only support band and had got to play a decently long set.

On the up side, I met jamie from Reuben and he managed to find me a 'Scared of the Police' single even though they sold all of them ages ago. It was one his girlfriend found in their loft or something, so he got me it from the van and signed it. Which was rather cool of him.