aberdeen-music

80's Music Hall Of Fame

Rob

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was surprised madonna didn't make it in' date=' given her massive success throughout the 80s. would have had joy division as a 70s band rather than an 80s one, given that they only released one album in the 80s. i think i'm gonna go for prince, as much as i love gnr. the argument for prince was really strong.[/quote']

ian curtis died in 1980 so yeah i would've classed joy division more as a 70s band because most of their gigs and tracks were recorded between 1977 and 1980 ;)

surely new order have more grounding to be classed as an 80s band than joy division non?

Guest neil ex

out of that list i'd say the smiths, joy division and public enemy, though that's just personal choice. i don't really care who's the most influential band of the 80s. probably venom.

i'm surprised metallica didn't make the list. they were actually good in the 80s.

ian curtis died in 1980 so yeah i would've classed joy division more as a 70s band because most of their gigs and tracks were recorded between 1977 and 1980 ;)

surely new order have more grounding to be classed as an 80s band than joy division non?

totally, although i wouldn't have new order in the top ten for the 80s music hall of fame. joy division as an 80s band was a bit tenuous.