aberdeen-music

Sooooooo.... let me ask you a question, people...

The Ghost Of Fudge

... tell me, which local bands have really shone for you in the last year or so?

please note i didn't ask you to name your mates band automatically, although i know you'll all do it. and you can't suggest your own band, coz that would be a bit fucking cheeky of you...

which bands have really stood out for you in the last year?

... just wondering, like ... :)

Local bands that have impressed (or continued to impress) me in the last year or so have included Karloff, Deadloss Superstar, We Become Less, MMw (slightly less since I first saw them), 10 Easy Wishes, Eric Euan, Small Enclosed Area, Bonesaw, Filthpact, Hearse Crash, Black Atom, Allergo (kinda local), Element 106 & Vomitus. I really like the Inept 303 track 'Rotting Away' that I have on me PC and I like the sound of that Cuts track I heard tonight. I seem to remember Sidca being raucously entertaining but I was a bit trolleyed the last time I saw them. Apparently I'd enjoy Starfall muchly as well but we shall see. I thought Broken Sunshine came on a lot between the times I've seen them as well. [nae pervy remarks at the back there] :p

That post reminds me that local bands are great! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stuartmaxwell

guts on fire of north east scotland without a doubt

they are a friends band, but fuck me-they are one of the most interesting bands i have ever heard

sea have improved greatly in the last year, masamune have ironed out the inconsistencies and have played some excellent shows recently, politik have really grown-their new stuff is excellent too,