Phrases That Make Your Blood Boil

LimsKragma

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onlynik

Are you awake?

Clearly if I was awake I'd be doing things, if I have my eyes shut and aren't moving much then I'm asleep, or atleast trying to sleep. I enjoy my sleep, when I can get some.

the word "random" used when describing or commenting on something which I regard as normal.

Can't stand it

Absolutely agree. I hate that so much.

Others:

'If he had a brain cell it would be lonely'

Stupid bint Emma on MTV's TRL saying "Always" for no effin' reason

'Man' - this isn't America

'See you when I see you', OBVIOUSLY

'Y'all'

one time this girl went completely over the top and ended a message with something like "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

so i texted back with a message that ended "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

"...and then I was amazed when she wouldn't sleep with me!"

well she did but afterwards she said i was "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

*drum-fill* "thanks! i'm here all week"

Guest haigyman
"So' date=' what have you been up to?".

On what time scale are you talking about? In the past hour? Week? Month? Year? SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN?![/quote']

yes! especially when people ask you and you hardly know them! i never know what to say, or how much detail to go into, i feel like giving them a blow by blow account of my week

"well, on monday i got up at 11, had a wank, watched toonami.." etc

Guest onlynik
yes! especially when people ask you and you hardly know them! i never know what to say' date=' or how much detail to go into, i feel like giving them a blow by blow account of my week

"well, on monday i got up at 11, had a wank, watched toonami.." etc[/quote']

Well it would certainly make the conversation longer, isn't that what you want?

"Do you know what I mean?" after every sentence is extremely irritating. People with whom I converse have adopted it and quickly discarded the phrase after I answer every time with "yes, I know what you mean."

tb/wb on the end of a text message pisses me off...I will text back if I want to, thank you very much. In fact, text talk in general is pretty irritating. "hey howz u? wot u bn up 2? du wnt 2 mt at 3 in twn?" can quite easily fit into a text message if typed properly so it doesn't take me 5 minutes to decipher.

"Do you know what I mean?" after every sentence is extremely irritating. People with whom I converse have adopted it and quickly discarded the phrase after I answer every time with "yes' date=' I know what you mean."

[/quote']

Oh my, that's THE most annoying thing. If I didn't know what they meant, I'd ask!

when i ask "what's the time?"' date=' any of the following responses:

the time, sponsored by accurist, will be...

time you got a watch

2 hairs past a freckle (i mean...wtf)

late o' clock

stupid things like "80 minutes past 2" instead of 20 past 3[/quote']

how about

half past - quarter to - from

i hate that one

some of my close mates ive known for years have adopted the "ned" slangs and words. so frustrating trying to talk to them now when all your really thinking is "shut the fuck up"...

things like tutting and pauses in the middle of sentances, rushing words and talking with their hands to much.

i hate it when people put 'right' in the middle of talking when they're telling you a story. eg

'I was walking down the street right' date=' and then there was this dog right....'

I tend to say 'left' after everytime they say right....they dont like that :bat:[/quote']

Ok, do these people talk on the internet in the same way? No. This is because people that say right, and erm and mmm are either not very confident, extremly nervous or they have some form of learning disabillity.

Suffice to say I am one of the worst speakers in the history of worst speakers.

Guest mmmememe

anything small-talky and meaningless does my swede in.

Trouble is, I'm quite susceptible to picking up phrases from people. For example, I had a habit of starting each sentence with "I mean,....." and I've recently starting saying "does my swede in".

Ok' date=' do these people talk on the internet in the same way? No. This is because people that say right, and erm and mmm are either not very confident, extremly nervous or they have some form of learning disabillity.

Suffice to say I am one of the worst speakers in the history of worst speakers.[/quote']

no they do it on the internet too. they just use is as a linking word, often when they're talking too quickly and it's like 'no dont talk because I'm sayin this so I'm not giving you the chance to say anything and will use useless words to do this...right...'

if it was a nervous thing I'd be sympathetic.

but they're just being annoying

Absolutely agree. I hate that so much.

Others:

'If he had a brain cell it would be lonely'

Stupid bint Emma on MTV's TRL saying "Always" for no effin' reason

'Man' - this isn't America

'See you when I see you'' date=' OBVIOUSLY

'Y'all'[/quote']

I am guilty of "man", but it comes from my lack of style and my hip friendz

I also hate when people abbreviate on the internet:

"i dnt kno"

"klkl"

"g2g"

"u2u"

I end up asking then what the fuck are they saying, because I just don't understand it :moody:

And there is one more: "Deadloss MUTHA FUCKIN Superstar!!!!!!!!"

There is plain just no need for it, and it extremely gets on my teats