aberdeen-music

2015/16 Soccer Thread.

Lemonade

Newcastle keep signing total weirdos. Next-up is Chancel Mbemba, a central defender from Anderlecht. He's had THREE different registered dates of birth throughout his career, and could be aged anywhere between 20 and 26. Mint.

After Obafemi Martins, anything is possible

You know something? I'm genuinely excited and feeling pretty positive about the new season. I haven't been able to say that (without lying) in the longest time. I've come to accept that I was probably wrong about Schteve's football/tactics, and his interviews thus far have been very, very encouraging. He's brought in what looks like a great little coaching team (Cathro <3), and it sounds like we're gonna keep it on the deck a lot more this season. The signings have been good so far, and while I'd like another two or three, the squad looks a lot fuller.

Of course, this'll all evaporate when we line-up in a flat 4-4-2 with Williamson, Gouffran and Obertan on the first day of the season and get piped 3-0, but whatevs. 

Testimonials are garbage. Can't blame someone for not going. I went to Fergie's Testimonial in 99. United vs "The Rest of the World", the latter of which were all subbed off after an hour and were replaced by a United Legends team. Some huge names in that World XI as well, plus Cantona, Robson and Schmeichel in the United legends. It was just awful. Not even the total pinger of a volley from Mark Hughes could save it. Sterile. No atmosphere. Crap football. So shit that the referee blew the final whistle a few minutes before time should have been up to get it over with.

Just scrap them. Do what Steve Gerrard did and make your last home appearance for your club your testimonial.

So Glen Johnson will wear the number 8 this season, at Stoke.  

There are some unorthadox squad numbers I can handle, as long as they're in keeping with a national tradition somewhere.  A Brazilian CB wearing 3, fine; an Argentinian RB wearing 4, fine; I'm happy for a CM to wear anything from 4 - 11 (apart from 9). William Gallas wore 10 though and he must burn in fire for this.

Check this out: https://squadnumbers.wordpress.com

• Upvote 2

There are some unorthadox squad numbers I can handle, as long as they're in keeping with a national tradition somewhere.  A Brazilian CB wearing 3, fine; an Argentinian RB wearing 4, fine; I'm happy for a CM to wear anything from 4 - 11 (apart from 9). William Gallas wore 10 though and he must burn in fire for this.

Check this out: https://squadnumbers.wordpress.com

That blog is great. I just sat and read it from top to bottom. The old Brazil formations were pretty interesting.

There are some unorthadox squad numbers I can handle, as long as they're in keeping with a national tradition somewhere. A Brazilian CB wearing 3, fine; an Argentinian RB wearing 4, fine; I'm happy for a CM to wear anything from 4 - 11 (apart from 9). William Gallas wore 10 though and he must burn in fire for this.

Check this out: https://squadnumbers.wordpress.com

I've spent an hour reading this, amazing stuff.