aberdeen-music

how are you feeling right now [at this very moment]

Little Green

• 2 months later...

If he's been that good to you then don't let it worry you. Surely you don't need to feel the need for everyone to agreee with you. My friends and family have different points of views from me on all sorts of issues but it doesn't mean I have to feel down about it.

Chin up min.

Edited by britheguy

If he's been that good to you then don't let it worry you. Surely you don't need to feel the need for everyone to agreee with you. My friends and family have different points of views from me on all sorts of issues but it doesn't mean I have to feel down about it.

Chin up min.

I think he's probably more worried about the fact that he's recently come out. I take it he doesn't know yet Moon Moon?

No he doesn't know. He's the traditional Irish type where no one at his age (63) was gay and if they were they got beat up for it. I really don't know what to think about it. My whole family knows but my mum as she's the same really. Always going on about how she hopes I never turn gay and everything. Isn't my life just great.

The thing is my neighbour is the only kinda of father figure I've had in my life, he taught me how to play guitar, gave me a job and everything. Really hurts to know how he feels about the situation. Guess he'll never find out.

I think in a lot of cases what people say and what their actions are can be completely different. Meaning, this fella may say he's homophobic but when it comes down to people he's close to, he might be much more accepting than you'd expect. He's probably never dealt with anyone coming out to him - this could be your opportunity to cause him to question/change his views so I wouldn't necessarily see it as a cut and dry situation where you can't tell him. Same for yer maw. That said, if you don't feel comfortable coming out to someone you shouldn't feel forced to.

• Upvote 1

Things are just getting better. There's a guy at the place I volunteer that's homophobic, I was in a meeting last night where she told me that he said "gays are disgusting and they shouldn't be allowed to be married" so my words to her was if that arsehole says anything like that on front of me he won't be getting away easy. Only reason this is a good thing is I've always hated the guy as he's a freak.

• 1 month later...