aberdeen-music

Everythingwesayisfact

waltz

What's with all the negative rep, just because someone expressed a negative opinion (albeit not very constructively)?  They don't like it, so what?  Is that an aberdeen-music.com crime?  OP asked for feedback, OP got feedback.  What's better - a reaction like that, or tumbleweed?

FWIW, I just had a listen and it's not really my cup of tea.  I probably just don't get it because I'm an old git, but I prefer my recordings and music to have a bit more space and contrast in them.  A bit too "everything in the red" for me.  Too angry, too much of everything really.  There's a tune in there screaming to get out which I hear snippets of, but there's a pair of pneumatic drills clearing the wax out of my ears right now and I can't make out whether the tune is being murdered or is having a fantastic time.  It's probably both simultaneously.

If you don't want to read all that guff and would rather have a pithy, one word comment which sums up how I would describe the piece of music I have just listened to then here it is:

Uncompromising.

• Upvote 4

What's with all the negative rep, just because someone expressed a negative opinion (albeit not very constructively)?  

That's the crux, really. I'd like to think we're beyond flippant belittling comments and capable of forming constructive criticism.

And it's only a little bit of negative rep. It hardly necessitates a defensive paragraph. The individual posted a negative view, but in a frivolous yet disparaging manner. I'm pretty sure that's the sort of thing the negative reputation option is for.

Edited by Eupraxia

That's the crux, really. I'd like to think we're beyond flippant belittling comments and capable of forming constructive criticism.

And it's only a little bit of negative rep. It hardly necessitates a defensive paragraph. The individual posted a negative view, but in a frivolous yet disparaging manner. I'm pretty sure that's the sort of thing the negative reputation option is for.

With all respect, I think you're as much of an idealist as me.  Different ideals, but idealists nonetheless.  I appreciate your input but I do not agree with your assessment of the necessity of my commentary.  Not that anything written on here is "necessary", really.

hello?

I was going to negative rep this as it reeks of "validate me", however i didn't. Maybe i still should.

For what it's worth i like noisy stuff as much as the next man but this doesn't go anywhere for me, it just doesn't have direction. The recording itself is fine, and i guess the musicianship is good as well.

I was going to negative rep this as it reeks of "validate me", however i didn't. Maybe i still should.

For what it's worth i like noisy stuff as much as the next man but this doesn't go anywhere for me, it just doesn't have direction. The recording itself is fine, and i guess the musicianship is good as well.

it's in the feedback forum though, i guess he was just hoping for some feedback rather than mere validation.

• Upvote 1

it's in the feedback forum though, i guess he was just hoping for some feedback rather than mere validation.

Yeah, but people shouldn't feel obliged to give feedback if they don't think it's worth it. It was more the "Hello?" (subtext anyone out there, listen to my stuff, validate me) rather than "bump" (in case you didn't see this, to the top etc).

Feedback on this site has been getting better in all honesty though, people seem to be much more open to giving things a try and being constructive and there aren't so many divas on here chucking toys out of the pram if someone says something they don't like either.

• Upvote 1

Just to be clear, I didn't say "hello" to introduce the smallest string quartet available, I said it because we'd played a couple of gigs and got some feedback and some folks were asking to hear something recorded. Cheers though, Alkaline.

Thanks for the feedback, good or bad. We'll have more out soon.