aberdeen-music

An Albums For 2013 Thread

Woodsinho

Caitlin Rose has an album out next month, which I'm looking forward to. I'm also keen to hear the debut album by Factory Floor, which should be out some time this year. Here's a track from it:

One-time Aberdeen resident Julian Lynch also has an album out shortly and I think Julia Holter is likely to have a new record out some time this year, which will be totally ace.

Really looking forward to the debut from these guys in March. Haven't been so instantly excited by a band for ages.

They sound like Television playing Dr Feelgood with a couple of guitarists that look like 90's Kings Cross rent boys plus Edwyn Collins is producing the album. The bit when it turns into a Neu-esque jam at 2:50 is life-affirming. The organ player has fucking mad chops.

One-time Aberdeen resident Julian Lynch also has an album out shortly and I think Julia Holter is likely to have a new record out some time this year, which will be totally ace.

And you can listen to Julian's new album here:

https://soundcloud.com/underwaterpeoples/sets/julian-lynch-lines/s-D8GYP

It's really good.

Plus he's also featured on Pitchfork TV this week:

Fuck off, Jake.

If you want one of their first LPs, speak to Huw as he helped put it out.

Well, on the autumn jams site it's all like "we've sold out but go to _______" so I went there and they're on sale for a sky diver. Just gotta see what happens when I get paid. Oh, and actually listen to the record and see if I like it.

Well, on the autumn jams site it's all like "we've sold out but go to _______" so I went there and they're on sale for a sky diver. Just gotta see what happens when I get paid. Oh, and actually listen to the record and see if I like it.

How much of the things you say you're going to buy do you actually buy?

• 2 weeks later...