aberdeen-music

An Albums For 2013 Thread

Woodsinho

Palms sound great. I hope the full length has some heavier stuff on it.

New Defeater comes out this year. Here's a couple from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7y-fGeNods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EPTDy6pQmSk

Edit: Do Youtube videos not automatically embed now?

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1

I love it. I've never really viewed him as anything other than a pretty corny lyricist, and there are some horrific lines on this, but I love this thing's sound. Apart from the first track, which sounds like a really shitty Death Grips cast-off. Blood On The Leaves is great though, those horns just punch you in the nose over and over and over.

Generally the phrase "concept record" makes me balk with cynicism. Defeater are the only band I've seen pull it off well.

xx

Totally. I've not heard many, but another good one is The Lawrence Arms' Greatest Story Ever Told. Not only a concept record, but a concept record about the freakin' circus! Up the punx.

Going to see them in August - facebook em, ask them to bring copies over, i'll pick one up for you.

I think I might be going too.

They are solid. They seem to run with a crowd of terrible fashion-hardcore, but they totally slay. Great concepts to their records too.

I also love this band. The fact that one of their records on the ED&SN album is just acoustic is quite nice too. And Palm Reader records distro for Bridge9 apparently, so hopefully pick up the new record without a silly amount of postage costs.