aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

Crushing news, For some reason I feel sorry for everyone else.

They are lucky to have jobs in this climate.

From now on avoid First where you can and boycott Unite the Union.

Also not mentioned is from now on when the bus changes drivers you will have to wait 10 minutes for them to check the bus and if there is something wrong with it all passengers will be kicked off and stranded. This was decision of drivers.

They are lucky to have jobs in this climate.

boycott Unite the Union.

Alright, settle down, Tory. The whole "lucky to have a job" retort is a load of toss. You say it like being fucked from every angle by dickhead directors is some sort of ultimate privilage. I don't know the ins and outs of Firsts industrial action, but claiming they are lucky to do a menial, manual labour job to provide for their families is complete waffle.

• Upvote 4

Guest Cool Thinker
Alright, settle down, Tory. The whole "lucky to have a job" retort is a load of toss. You say it like being fucked from every angle by dickhead directors is some sort of ultimate privilage. I don't know the ins and outs of Firsts industrial action, but claiming they are lucky to do a menial, manual labour job to provide for their families is complete waffle.

900 people applied for jobs at Tesco Woodend, even if you have a shit job you are lucky to have it.

I'd love to avoid First if another company ran their routes. But none go from my house to my work in the same way the bus I take does.

Also, I see there's something going in besides Papa Johns! What is this? (Looks like a hair salon or something)

900 people applied for jobs at Tesco Woodend, even if you have a shit job you are lucky to have it.

I guarantee at least half of them were already employed/were taking the Tesco job as a second job. The unemployment rate in Aberdeen is incredibly low compared to a lot of the country.

And a large proportion of the unemployment figures are spongers who don't want to work, and probably never will. It works both ways. I don't really back First's industrial action, but I also don't believe anybody should consider themselves "lucky" to have a job, as if it should be treated like a sacred and fragile bond, considering most people hate their jobs and most people work to live, not the reverse.

Guest Cool Thinker
I'd love to avoid First if another company ran their routes. But none go from my house to my work in the same way the bus I take does.

Also, I see there's something going in besides Papa Johns! What is this? (Looks like a hair salon or something)

Firstly where do you live and also which papa johns ?

Guest Cool Thinker

Cineworld have taken over Picturehouse cinemas and now own the Belmont cinema, it will be run as a seperate business and everything should stay the same, only difference is that it will have more funding.

Cineworld have taken over Picturehouse cinemas and now own the Belmont cinema, it will be run as a seperate business and everything should stay the same, only difference is that it will have more funding.

I'm guessing my unlimited card won't work in there then if it's being kept seperate?

They are quite lucky to be fair and they are paid I believe £25k as a starting wage. That's not bad money. That can rise to £30k complete with OT.

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker
I'm guessing my unlimited card won't work in there then if it's being kept seperate?

No your card will not work, the cinemas will still be able to set their own prices.

They are quite lucky to be fair and they are paid I believe £25k as a starting wage. That's not bad money. That can rise to £30k complete with OT.

I am pretty confident that it's nowhere near that. Their basic salary is less than Stagecoach, which isn't even £19k.

Well, it certainly used to be less than Stagecoach. I could be wrong. I would be completely shocked if it was £25k given what Stagecoach pay.

Guest Cool Thinker
Aye, but they want to do it to annoy the company heads when ultimately their annoying the real people they work for.

Also it makes no difference for First because First have always proved that they don't care about us being affected.

Also it makes no difference for First because First have always proved that they don't care about us being affected.

First provide a service that is completely 100% optional. Don't like what they're doing? Use a rival, walk, cycle or take the car. Simples!