aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

WTF is that Dempsey gif all about?

Scotland were really, really poor. No urgency, poor with the ball, poor positionally without the ball. Hutton needs to learn how to urgently return to his position when he's dragged inside in the opposition half for the millionth time. Dropping Naismith was a mistake. Last ten minutes we literally had no shape - we had attackers and defenders with no real option of an out ball. Forrest wasn't given the ball enough throughout but looked dangerous on the occasions he was allowed to run at their defence.

We have some good ball players in the team, but a woeful lack of understanding in how to use them effectively.

Would take Walter Smith back in a flash.

Surprisingly this is one of the really easy ways to get a player to hate your guts on Football Manager.

Last night I asked my 22 year old south korean superstar with 48 caps if he would consider retiring from international football because he kept going away for stupid friendlies, suprisingly he agreed, broke his leg next day in training so ill miss him for the rest of the season anyway and would have been able to buy cover in january, karma is a bitch.

Levein getting harder to defend by the day after those two showings. Rotten.

It's a sad state of affairs that he is the level that Scotland can afford. Being the international manager of Scotland is less lucrative financially and career-wise than managing a yo-yo club between the Premiership and the Championship, as proved by McLeish's departure when things were looking up. It's no longer the case that managing or playing for your country is the pinnacle of your career which is a real shame.

In his defence he really doesn't have the players to choose from. It's hard to argue with his back 4 being the best available to him - 2 championship, 1 SPL and 1 'frozen out' Premiership player. Having said all that you have to work with what you've got available and I think he's been found out as tactically naive. My girlfriend who isn't really interested in football watched the game with me last night and her observation was - what are they even trying to do? It just looks like a mess! Hard to argue with that really.

If we'd been unlucky in the games I'd agree that we're not out of it yet but while I think we deserved a point on Saturday I think we were lucky to get one last night. Macedonia were surprisingly good mind you. I think they'll take points off teams (most likely 3 from us when we travel there). A Darren Fletcher recovery would give me a small bit of optimism but really we're doooooomed. Again.

Wish I could get into that tennis lark.

Last night I asked my 22 year old south korean superstar with 48 caps if he would consider retiring from international football because he kept going away for stupid friendlies, suprisingly he agreed, broke his leg next day in training so ill miss him for the rest of the season anyway and would have been able to buy cover in january, karma is a bitch.

Wahey.

Every time I ask one of my players to do it they go "WHAT I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D EVEN ASK THAT TO ME YOU WANKER" and then never sign a contract again.

I suck at FM.

So Man U are apparently in for this lad:

berardi.jpg

Domenico Berardi is his name, Italy U19 international currently plying his trade at Serie B galacticos Sassuolo. Apparently they face competition from actual Italian clubs too. It's like Football Manager!

Also the usual shit about City going for Jovetic, that Montenegran boy who's decent on FIFA.