aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I actually think Charlie Adam is going to be exactly the sort of player Stoke need - someone who can deliver proper good balls for his tall forwards and centre-backs, and someone who is not scared of a 50/50 challenge. Stoke have lacked genuine guile in their midfiled for a while now, and Charlie Adam will provide that I reckon.

That said, he's still a fat gappy-tooth hun mink, and I hate him.

• Upvote 5

I think its a great signing for them, lets not forget he had a brilliant season in the EPL for Blackpool, its not really worked at Liverpool but you could say the same for Carrol, Downing, and a few others. I think he will fit into the Stoke team well. Plus its good for Scotland, he is an important player for us now.

Still a hun cunt tho.

Stoke have a strategy and they stick to it. It works for them incredibly well - they are a club punching above their weight, and each year in the EPL has seen them become a really hard side to beat. Sometimes sexy football is fucking boring, and operating according to the strengths the squad has is satisfying to see.

I think £4m for a player who works pretty hard, can accelerate quicker than people give him credit for, and can spray mid-to-long range passes around the pitch for fun is a seriously good deal for any EPL team. Sometimes £4m doesn't even get you a player who can actually kick the ball properly on a regular basis (see Andy Carroll).

But don't worry, he's still a fat gappy-tooth hun mink, and I hate him.

• Upvote 2

I actually think Charlie Adam is going to be exactly the sort of player Stoke need - someone who can deliver proper good balls for his tall forwards and centre-backs, and someone who is not scared of a 50/50 challenge. Stoke have lacked genuine guile in their midfiled for a while now, and Charlie Adam will provide that I reckon.

That said, he's still a fat gappy-tooth hun mink, and I hate him.

I wouldn't be scared of 50/50 challenges if I went in like Charlie Adam does either. Studs up, thigh-high. Twat. I hope Big Ryan snaps his shins in half in training.

I see City have signed Maicon. Interesting. Micah Richards must be a bit bemused. Thought he had an excellent season last season.

Micah has to be off. Good player, but it's clear Mancini just doesn't fancy him as a regular. He could do a real job for someone. Newcastle?

C'mon Murr, you must rate him above and beyond Danny Simpson?

I wouldn't be scared of 50/50 challenges if I went in like Charlie Adam does either. Studs up, thigh-high. Twat. I hope Big Ryan snaps his shins in half in training.

Shite, two bad tackles and everyone makes him out to be a thug. Keane broke people in half for fun and we all loved him. Same goes goes for Scholes, every game he halfs someone and we chuckle and let him away with it. Adam makes two dodgy tackles on the golden boy of the EPL and everyone wants to lynch him.

Micah has to be off. Good player, but it's clear Mancini just doesn't fancy him as a regular. He could do a real job for someone. Newcastle?

C'mon Murr, you must rate him above and beyond Danny Simpson?

I thought if they are really going to stick with this three at the back idea he'll get moved into being more of a CB where he played quite a bit before. He's easily strong enough and quick enough for the position.

I've seen him do more than 2 bad tackles. He's constantly giving people a kicking. I'm not saying he's a thug. He's probably well soft. Loves to "break up play" with a swipe up the back of the legs though. Goes into 50/50 loads with studs showing and his foot well off the ground so opponents back out of the challenge.

Keane and Scholes probably still manage to retain respect because they were also brilliant footballers. Adam can take a good corner and can kick players over. That's about it.

Again, shite, he does not get booked every week, he doesnt injure people everyweek, if he went into all his 50/50's like you say he would have been in a lot of trouble right now. He is a good solid tackler who doesnt fuck around, yes a few have been over the top but he is no where near what your making him out to be.

So you can be a thug and be respected for it, as long as your a good player? Makes perfect sense.

What I originally said was a flippant and mostly sarcastic comment, which for some reason you've taken to heart. I don't know why.

He's definitely not a "good" tackler though, though you can believe that if you want to. He's a kicker who leaves feet high. He did it tons at Blackpool. They seemed to be talking about it nearly every week on the Sunday Supplement. Holloway was coming out and defending him every week for silly challenges.

Roy Keane is a thug and will be remembered for being so. He probably loses a fair amount of his positive reputation for being so. Paul Scholes isn't a thug. He's just clumsy and shit at tackling, except that time he tried to punch Xabi Alonso. Charlie Adam isn't a thug either. He just loves a good trip up the back of the calf and a high footed challenge. I'd say he's more of a cowardly tackler than a solid one, the way he goes in with studs showing.