aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I have always based my initial opinions on a player through football manager, it says he's shite, so i agree.

and there was me thinking I was the only one who thought this way :)

Hearts been playing quite well against Liverpool mainly reserves and fringe players

David Goodwillie is pretty much the best player in FIFA 12 after 2 seasons in manager mode

Lies. Jack Wilshere (spoilers) gets to about 90/92 after like two years.

Also Neymar, who I think was rated something like 91 by the time my game wiped itself, apparently he winds up 94/95 if you play it long enough.

SO THERE.

Lies. Jack Wilshere (spoilers) gets to about 90/92 after like two years.

Also Neymar, who I think was rated something like 91 by the time my game wiped itself, apparently he winds up 94/95 if you play it long enough.

SO THERE.

Ah, child. It's not about "Overall." You're doing it wrong.

Ah, child. It's not about "Overall." You're doing it wrong.

Aye, if you're actually playing the games!

For some reason Career Mode gameplay is about five times harder than normal gameplay and I have no idea why. The players can just coast past you.

So if you're actually going to play the game, get pacey fucks in (Könnecke, who is shit in real life, is fucking deadly for Aberdeen or a low-league English side on FIFA).

Football is ace. Wednesday were 2-1 down to Millwall, but won it in half a minute to go. Miguel Llera is the best player Wednesday have bought in years. A centre back who scores goals, and also last minute goals. Have it! He netted a brace today. Also managed to snatch Rodri from Barcelona B. Great business. Dave Jones will hopefully do what Southampton did with a double promotion. G'waaan!

I've decided that I fucking hate transfer windows. From the point-of-view of a fan of a reasonably large club who don't have massive spending power and are vulnerable to having their best players poached by bigger teams, transfer windows are complete dogshite.

"Demba Ba is joining Spurs." "Ba has a clause." "Ba has no clause." "Ba has a clause, but it only lasts until the end of July." "Ba's clause is only applicable to Champions League clubs." "Tiote is too good for Newcastle, off to Man United." "Cabaye's off to Barcelona." "Andy Carroll is coming back." "Tiote and Cabaye won't be there soon." "Carroll isn't coming back." "Ben Arfa, he could do a job for Chelsea." "They'll do well to hold onto Cisse." "Krul for Tottenham." "Coloccini? Valencia need a CB." "Debuchy is coming, rejoice!" "They've rejected our bid for Debuchy." "The Debuchy deal IS BACK ON." "I'm ITK, my brother's dog-walker's fish-feeder works at the club." "ERIK PIETERS SPOTTED AT ST. JAMES' PARK." "Have you heard about Demba Ba's clause?!"

Fuck off and die, transfer window. You're a dick and I hate you. I honestly wish I could fall asleep at the start of the window and wake-up just as Jim White has seen it "slammed shut."

• Upvote 1

Looks like Clint Dempsey might be off to Sunderland after Liverpool never put in an offer for him. Long as he moves somewhere and starts earning me fantasy points!

Still got a sneaky suspicion Aberdeen's business isn't done. I can see us putting another couple of young players out on loan and bringing in someone up front on a short term deal. Dunno who though.

James McFadden's still looking for a club... :popcorn:

I don't think it's been said in here yet, but Aberdeen were fantastic on Sunday with the exception of putting the ball in the net. Vernon looks short of confidence and regardless - he does his best work in the box and for long periods he has his back to goal 40 yards out. Would like to see him benched and play with someone like Fallon or even Magennis (yes, really) up front for a bit. Andy Webster had the beating of Vernon all day.