aberdeen-music

Time travel

Guest Gladstone

Guest davetherave

If I was going to time travel it would have to be in one of these, wearing a smoking jacket and a cravat... :)

the_time_machine_large_01.jpg

Not sure I'd go forward in time, as I think HG Wells got it right, we all know the planet is going to be fucked up/nuked/meteored or some other catastrophe! I think I'd go back and film some of histories greatest moments, the dinosaurs, pompei, the black death, the fall of the roman empire, agincourt, the crucifixion of JC (if it actually happened/existed), etc. Then come back to the 21st C with the footage and make some blockbusting movies :)

Me?

I'd go back to 1972, fly to Montreaux, drug Richie Blackmore in his hotel room, go to the Rolling Stones truck thing just outside and say "Guys, Richie asked me to tell you that he can't make it today....oh! and while I'm here, I've got this great idea for a song..."

Guest davetherave
Me?

I'd go back to 1972, fly to Montreaux, drug Richie Blackmore in his hotel room, go to the Rolling Stones truck thing just outside and say "Guys, Richie asked me to tell you that he can't make it today....oh! and while I'm here, I've got this great idea for a song..."

I could set the flare off in the theatre ;)

Me?

Eh? You mean Deep Purple, right?

EDIT: Woops, just read about it. Now it makes sense.

As a moderno-futurist type I'd sooner go forward in time than back, as long as it is not forward to apocalypse, but if only going backwards was on offer I'd go to Woodstock, for the festival, and either see the whole thing on brown acid or, if it was only for an hour or so, watch Sly & the Family Stone burn it up, there is no way that would be a waste of an opportunity.

Anyone who wants to go far back should note that the past was infinitely more violent than now*, so don't bother unless you are prepared to mix it, with knives and that.

*As this dude proves