aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interest there is a games on demand sale on XBL from today for a week (full game downloads- not arcade titles). Price list is pasted from major nelsons blog so it's in $. Essentially though the $4.99 games are £3.99 which is 480MSP and the $3.99 games are 400MSP (press X on the payment page to switch from paying in cash to MSP). The prices haven't changed on a couple of the titles yet and some of them are not on offer here (I don't think Bolt was up and Viva Pinata definitely wasn't). Most of the games are pretty old (Kameo was a launch title IIRC!) but at that price I think i will buy a few, Prince of Persia, Dark Void, Conan and Kameo are all probably worth a punt at that price despite either average reviews or being pretty old. Most of the games have trials up if you go to the full game page. Definitely worth downloading a few to try.

EDIT: While typing this out it the banner just went live under the games section of the home page. A few extra titles like Alone in the Dark and some like Bionic Commando aren't there.

Up to 75% select GonD titltes June 19 – 25 Standard Price Discount Price Discount % Savings

Bionic Commando $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Bolt $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Bomberman Act: Zero $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Conan $ 14.99 $ 3.99 73% -$11.00

Dark Void $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

FaceBreaker $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Kameo $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Meet the Robinsons $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Open Season $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Perfect Dark Zero $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Prince of Persia $ 14.99 $ 3.99 73% -$11.00

Rockstar Table Tennis $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

SEGA Superstars Tennis $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Surf’s Up $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Tornado Outbreak $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Virtua Tennis 2009 $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75% -$15.00

Viva Pinata Party Animals $ 19.99 $ 4.99 75%

-$15.00

Oh, and I'm attempting to play Skyrim just now. I say attempting cos I don't feel like I'm playing a game when I have to climb 7,000 steps up a fucking mountain.

Going to visit the Greybeards? That mission does suck. When you go to the very top of the mountain (yes you have to go up some more after you visit them) save and then jump off the sides. It is fun. Even more fun if you make some Armour that gives you insane health buffs. Fall down a mountain and live to tell the tale!

There is a game called Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga that has no health penalties for falling. I'd jump off high buildings for lulz. Nearly gave myself vertigo falling. It is fun flying as high as possible in dragon form then switching to human and falling into the sea.

Yeah that's exactly what happened to me but I decided not to download it and cracked on with I am alive.

Does anyone know when the next episode of the walking dead game is out?

I haven't seen it confirmed though and heard nothing about release date for 2nd episode. I read Eurogamer most days so probably would have picked it up if it was announced.

Wiki says ->

The game will be released in separate ensembles consisting of five episodes in total.[11]

Episode 1: A New Day - April 24-27th, 2012

Episode 2: Starved for Help - June 2012

Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - TBA (presumably July 2012)

Episode 4: Around Every Corner - TBA (presumably August 2012)

Episode 5: No Time Left - TBA (presumably September 2012

EDIT: This month if classification goes smoothly it seems. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a388101/the-walking-dead-episode-2-releasing-end-of-june-new-screenshots.html

The Skyrim DLC is out next week. How did I not know about this?

It was only confirmed at E3 a couple of weeks ago and even still was 'tentative'. Yesterday I read something saying it was 'a month away' but that hopefully was a mistake. There was also a beta test you could apply for. 1600MSP though. It really better add some exciting gameplay elements though as i haven't played Skyrim since completing it about 5 months ago so will wait until reviews before buying. Also vampires = boring!

Thats some download! I think I have 800 msp spare from when I bought I am alive (which is awesome btw)

Tbh you could probably pick up that game in gamestation for 1.99. It's so old. I find that generally full games on the xbox marketplace are disgustingly overpriced.

I checked online and although prices vary instore every single one of the games I looked at was at least £5 used on the website, making it cheaper in the sale. Yeah the playstation network and games on demand services are usually horribly overpriced compared to retail. It is publishers that set the price though, not microsoft. The other problem is it takes them forever to reduce the price whereas shops knock the price down very quickly.

The game will be released in separate ensembles consisting of five episodes in total.[11]

Episode 1: A New Day - April 24-27th, 2012

Episode 2: Starved for Help - June 2012

Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - TBA (presumably July 2012)

Episode 4: Around Every Corner - TBA (presumably August 2012)

Episode 5: No Time Left - TBA (presumably September 2012)

Cheers min, wish they were more specific than just June. Considering it is fucking June! Telltale are utterly shite at marketing.

I thought it was a month away? Will go look for sources. There was also a beta test you could apply for. 1600MSP though. It really better add some exciting gameplay elements though as i haven't played Skyrim since completing it about 5 months ago so will wait until reviews before buying. Also vampires = boring!

It's out on the 26th which is a week today according to the sources I've looked at. On xbox it is anyway, they've got that exclusivity deal like they've got with COD. Sorry I've got you excited if you're a PS3 or PC gamer.

I wasted silly hours of my life playing oblivion and fallout 3 but although skyrim was good it just feel it wasn't as good as it should of been. I dunno why but IMO it isn't as good as Oblivion sadly.

I checked online and although prices vary instore every single one of the games I looked at was at least £5 used on the website, making it cheaper in the sale. Yeah the playstation network and games on demand services are usually horribly overpriced compared to retail. It is publishers that set the price though, not microsoft. The other problem is it takes them forever to reduce the price whereas shops knock the price down very quickly.

Fair play, I just took a guess at the price taking into account the age of some of those games. There is some gems in that list you posted.

Edited my post quite heavily as always ;) Walking Dead pt2 due out this month if it gets past the classification process smoothly. Article in previous post. Found out about Dawnguard too, it was just some games site that were presumably referring to PS3 and PC release dates. I will still wait for reviews before buying it. Skyrim was a grind towards the end, I finished it more just because I felt I needed to than wanted to. But putting over 100 hours into a game usually makes you feel like that :p Just hope there is something a bit more interesting in the game mechanics or storyline. The main story got very dull towards the end and vampires are a vastly overused cliché these days hence some apprehension about how interesting it will be.

The main story got very dull towards the end and vampires are a vastly overused cliché these days hence some apprehension about how interesting it will be.

I agree with both those points.

The main story in Skyrim was a total grind near the end. I was hoping for some kind of epic battelz that would redeem the rather flat storyline but it didn't happen. Standing still and just punching a huge dragon as your character clips in and out of the graphics isn't the kind of climatic event I was hoping for if I'm honest. I hope the story line in this DLC is more thought out. It's going to have to up the game if it's planning on beating the Shivering Isles DLC from Oblivion. Oh it was good.

The features I've read look alright. I thought you could already become a vampire though? I take it Vampire will be the new race as well. Kinda recycling the whole pick a side thing from the main story as well. Let's hope it actually has some effect on the game unlike the Stormcloak or Empire choice.

I'm quite excited to become a vampire though. Hang out in the dark and counting shit. Just like this bad ass....

the-count.jpg

Edward who???

Mounted combat was put into the game in a free update that is already out. The werewolf thing was crap. I never used it outside of the companion quests where it was forced upon you. It was cumbersome and the camera was crap in indoor environments due to how huge the werewolf was and the inability to play first person. Thankfully I completed the mission where you get the the cursed ring that randomly transforms you into a werewolf very quickly and it never happened to me.

I had no idea you could get vampirism permanently from Vampire enemies. I was too good at killing them to catch the disease :p

I agree with both those points.

The main story in Skyrim was a total grind near the end. I was hoping for some kind of epic battelz that would redeem the rather flat storyline but it didn't happen. Standing still and just punching a huge dragon as your character clips in and out of the graphics isn't the kind of climatic event I was hoping for if I'm honest. I hope the story line in this DLC is more thought out. It's going to have to up the game if it's planning on beating the Shivering Isles DLC from Oblivion. Oh it was good.

The features I've read look alright. I thought you could already become a vampire though? I take it Vampire will be the new race as well. Kinda recycling the whole pick a side thing from the main story as well. Let's hope it actually has some effect on the game unlike the Stormcloak or Empire choice.

I'm quite excited to become a vampire though. Hang out in the dark and counting shit. Just like this bad ass....

the-count.jpg

Edward who???

Cheers for the fucking spoiler tags, mate.