aberdeen-music

The Pop Music Thread

Paranoid Android

Moose said he'd just had deja vu. I then reposted exactly what you had just said before. But with your avatar to give him deja vu again. It's these sort of amusements which make my mornings.

I'm going to change it again now though. I need to find something new though. I could vary from the girl pop theme but I probably wont.

So that's why Winehouse was so popular!

Exactly. Addiction and domestic abuse create the best popstars. Tina Turner, Rihanna, George Micheal, Elton John, Winehouse, Houston etc.

I'm writing a book called Flight's guide to pop stardom. Free crack pipe and scummy boyfriend/girlfriend for the first 50 orders.

The single contains snapping synth-splashed beats as each performer takes their turn rapping over the track.[6] Nicki Minaj contributed 31 bars to the song[7] and recorded the track in Hawaii, after writing it on the plane ride there.[8] Rapper & collaborator Rick Ross praised Nicki Minaj's verse by stating "That was the day Nicki Minaj earned my respect as a lyricist. Before that day she was a great entertainer, but for me to get in the studio with my own two eyes and see her write her verse, I knew that was gonna be one of the greatest verses of this year.

This has been getting some seriously heavy airplay on 6Music. I quite like it, but think it would sound soooo much better sans autotune, LOVE the bass.

I actually sort of like the autotune, although I'd be interested to hear it without for comparison. It helps give it a kind of other-worldly feel.

While I'm at it, this is probably Julia Holter's poppiest track so far.

• Upvote 1

I actually sort of like the autotune, although I'd be interested to hear it without for comparison. It helps give it a kind of other-worldly feel.

While I'm at it, this is probably Julia Holter's poppiest track so far.

Yeah, I don't know what totally turns me off autotune so much, I suspect it may be this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_rE0RzrFY8. It'd definitely be interesting, it's a good track, and the girl can obviously sing, I think it could still sound pretty ethereal without it.

That Juliet Holter track is brilliant.