aberdeen-music

The Pop Music Thread

Paranoid Android

You know you're doing pop right when Pitchfork, the hipster cunts of the interweb, give you a 7.4...

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16354-alex-winston-king-con/

pitchfork almost always gives the best stuff a 7 something or low 8

some of their writers are awful, some ok. Andrew Ryce writes for them now (also of resident advisor and fact) who writes well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Marina is still playing the "am I role-playing or am I really a self-centered bitch" card, I see. Her whole album was so difficult to listen to since most of it was about how she was amazing and that she was going to be better than everyone else. I assumed se was role-playing since she seems fairly normal in interviews and that, bar her explosion-in-Topshop wardrobe. Looks like she's still going with that persona.

To copy and paste my Facebook status...

If their two singles are anything to go by, I genuinely think Scissor Sisters might be on the verge of writing one of the great pop records of the 21st century. New track 'Only The Horses' is fucking brilliant, fucking bloody brilliant, and you all should listen to it!

To copy and paste my Facebook status...

If their two singles are anything to go by, I genuinely think Scissor Sisters might be on the verge of writing one of the great pop records of the 21st century. New track 'Only The Horses' is fucking brilliant, fucking bloody brilliant, and you all should listen to it!

Hmm. I'm not really feeling that one. There doesn't seem to be a lot to that song (yes it's pop, but even then it just sounds half-arsed).

Then again, I loved "Laura" and all the rest of it from the first album, and apart from "Fire With Fire" they haven't really made anything to that standard since.

EDIT: Hold on, they made a song with Azealia Banks?! What the fucking fuck? Jesus it's fucking good like! "Shady Love" is better than "Only the Horses", to my ears at least.